Does this cable exist?

I need Sata data to internal USB header. I need to free up a sata port so that I can use my last PCIe slot. The blue ray drive can't be powered off a usb port so I cant use one that has both sata power and data. I can find $30+ cables that have an external USB but I don't wanna go that route if I don't need to.

image.png.a0c0cc148618919e78cb0e6ebaf558ca.png

I believe you need something to convert the signals, so if there is a cable(just a cable) like that, it's a scam.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

11 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I believe you need something to convert the signals, so if there is a cable(just a cable) like that, it's a scam.

Oh yeah idk why I completely forgot about that. 

30 minutes ago, StiggyAzalea said:

I need Sata data to internal USB header. I need to free up a USB port so that I can use my last PCIe slot. The blue ray drive can't be powered off a usb port so I cant use one that has both sata power and data. I can find $30+ cables that have an external USB but I don't wanna go that route if I don't need to.

It can be done, but it will be jank-as-hell™

Use one of these....

And one of these....

And fianlly, one of these....

That should get your drive powered, and cabled internally. Like I said. Jank.

12 minutes ago, StiggyAzalea said:

Oh yeah idk why I completely forgot about that. 

You could run a SATA power cable from inside the case into the Blu-Ray drive for power. I assume you don't have any more SATA ports? 
This is loads easier if you have eSATA or powered eSATA.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, da na said:

You could run a SATA power cable from inside the case into the Blu-Ray drive for power. I assume you don't have any more SATA ports? 
This is loads easier if you have eSATA or powered eSATA.

I meant that I need to free up a sata port, not a usb port lol. 2 sata ports are on a switch with my last pcie slot, which i want to use for a network adapter

On 3/16/2024 at 9:24 PM, Blue4130 said:

It can be done, but it will be jank-as-hell™

Use one of these....

And one of these....

And fianlly, one of these....

That should get your drive powered, and cabled internally. Like I said. Jank.

That is a little too jank for me, though I appreciate the effort in finding it lol. 

1 minute ago, StiggyAzalea said:

That is a little too jank for me, though I appreciate the effort in finding it lol. 

You can buy external optical drive enclosures that plug into a USB port, and use power directly from mains.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

You can buy external optical drive enclosures that plug into a USB port, and use power directly from mains.

i want the internal drive, not really for any practical reasons I just like having one on the front of my pc. I'll probably just end up using a usb ethernet adapter for my other usecase

do you have a free m.2 port you can get sata for that i do bleave. there problly usb 3 to sata too.

i would think a usb 3.0 to sata and a usb 3.0 to internal usb would be the cheapest.

there might be a pcie ethernet with sata but i dont no...

you could add a sata port in an m.2

you could get a 2x m.2 pcie and get a sata to m.2 and a ethernet to m.2 but i mean...🤷‍♂️

there are pcie splitors but there mostly external and you hate things external...

repalce mb with more sata /pcie slots...

there also a m.2 slot to pcie slot...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links