Purchased wrong ram for my 7950x3d build.

I recently purchased my ram from microcenter 3 hours away nearly for my 7950x3d build and was given the Intel ready xmp set instead of expo. My motherboard is the msi  ace 670e .will it run on this system if built? Is 30cl at 6000mhz.

It'll run.

XMP settings might be finicky, but it shouldn't be the end of the world. DDR5 is so blazingly fast naturally, I doubt any of us would really notice a performance difference with the slowest DDR5 compared to the midrange DDR4.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It'll run.

XMP settings might be finicky, but it shouldn't be the end of the world. DDR5 is so blazingly fast naturally, I doubt any of us would really notice a performance difference with the slowest DDR5 compared to the midrange DDR4.

Thank you very much. I don't fell like driving to Atlanta again for sometime. It's just too far for 124 dollars.

1 hour ago, GamingNurse said:

Thank you very much. I don't fell like driving to Atlanta again for sometime. It's just too far for 124 dollars.

But on the other hand, getting the XMP timings right could take much longer than the trip to get it swapped.  It might "just work", but I've seen plenty of people struggle to get XMP timings right for AMD, which is why EXPO was invented in the first place.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

But on the other hand, getting the XMP timings right could take much longer than the trip to get it swapped.  It might "just work", but I've seen plenty of people struggle to get XMP timings right for AMD, which is why EXPO was invented in the first place.

Honestly, I've never ran XMP in any of my systems until very recently when I switched to X299. I don't think it matters quite as much as people make it out to, especially on platforms that aren't Zen or Zen+.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

54 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Honestly, I've never ran XMP in any of my systems until very recently when I switched to X299. I don't think it matters quite as much as people make it out to, especially on platforms that aren't Zen or Zen+.

Are you suggesting someone who bought 6000 CL30 should just let it run at JEDEC speeds, because losing 10% of the performance "doesn't matter"?

If it was a 7800X3D then it would matter less, but the none V-Cache chiplet in the 7950X3D is going to have a disproportionate downgrade with slower memory due to the smaller cache.

Not sure about other workloads, but in gaming it definitely makes a difference on cores without v-cache:

The none v-cache chiplet performance difference would be similar the 7950X rather than the 7950X3D, as games will likely be mostly/only using the v-cache chiplet so aren't held back.

Nobody is buying a top-end CPU to leave ANY performance on the table!  AMD themselves have stated 6000MT is optimal.

AMD invented EXPO so they could have tried and tested timings for Ryzen 7000.  There are less problems on newer BIOS but its still more prone to problems than EXPO as that has been validated for Ryzen 7000 whereas XMP has not.

I just think its sketchy unless you can be sure the store will accept a return of opened RAM if they do have problems.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7