New build processor help

Hello, I searched the forums and the broader internet but couldn't find a good comparison of an M3 Max vs an equivalent Intel or AMD processor. A lot of the comparison sites just don't have comparative fields for Apple vs Intel processors. (Aka price to performance calcs).

Can anyone point me to a good Intel or AMD processor that would be on-par with an M3 Max chip? I certainly don't need an Intel Core i9-14900k, but I am looking forward to using a proper Desktop class processor.

I have not built a computer for about a decade. I currently have a 16" m1 Pro MBP, and an m2 MBA for work. Looking to build a gaming, 3D modeling, and 4k video editing windows PC. I plan to game at 1440p and don't care about ray tracing. I won't be playing many AAA games like Cyberpunk or Tomb Raider, more indy titles. So 1440p at 120hz will be my target monitor. Perhaps a second monitor at 4k with great color accuracy but a low refresh rate.

Thank you!

Comparing the m3 to an intel processor in what way? Also why do you even need to compare them when you are planning on using it for 3d model, video editing and gaming? It would be better to just look at what cpus do well in those tasks or well enough for your needs. 

I guess I don’t know what my needs actually are for 1440p at 120hz for most indie titles. While also being “enough” for 3D modeling for 3D printing. (Aka only for a few models in a single Blender project, not like a whole 3D scene). And editing 4k drone video. Only one or two tracks and an audio track. Fairly “simple” stuff but I want to have a computer that is able to easily handle it. The reason I compare it to an M3 is because I have experience with the M series in Apple notebooks, but I want a windows machine for software and gaming that doesn’t run on a Mac. I’m looking for an upgrade above those specs that I’m used to, but don’t know how high I need to go. Like is a 500 dollar machine doable? 1000? 1200? 

I have attempted to do my research a few times over the last year and get overwhelmed and stop. I know I need to start with the CPU, which leads me into the mb and ram, followed by a GPU, then power supply. Just need help starting with the CPU recs.