Amazon seller return confusion

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

If they sent you a return label, with a barcode and shipping information then you should just be able to drop it off at whichever shipper it's for. I've had labels say that and have never had to pay. Once it's scanned into the system it should charge the seller. 

Recently bought the wrong battery from Amazon because Lenovo has two very different laptops both named the Y510. Realized as soon as I unwrapped it that the battery is the wrong size for the laptop, so opened a return. 

Customer service is provided by the seller rather than Amazon, and thus returns are handled through the seller, not Amazon.

The return label the seller provided is labelled "CP" and "Postage Required", but the seller claimed free returns on their store page. I reached out to the seller to ask about this discrepancy and they said the postage had already been paid for the label they sent. However, in the same instructions they also said to ship the package via whichever carrier is the cheapest so that still leads me to believe that I'm paying for the postage on the return.

Has anyone else dealt with something along these lines before? I hate to ask such a dumb question but I'm confused since I have gotten unclear and conflicting info from the seller. I would of course prefer not to pay like $18 to ship a lithium battery back overseas with USPS but it seems that might be my only option.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I know Amazon is not an ideal place to buy... well anything, really, but I get Amazon gift cards from various passive income services that completely cover purchases like this. Thus, I'd love not to spend real money to ship back an item purchased on fake internet dollars.

This is why I don't buy things off Amazon unless they're at least fulfilled by Amazon. Those returns are almost too easy, to the point they set a precedent in consumer's minds that smaller e-tailers can never achieve.

Email the label you got to support for that vendor, clearly showing them it's postage-due. If they still refuse to believe it, you might have ot see if Amazon can do anything for you.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If they sent you a return label, with a barcode and shipping information then you should just be able to drop it off at whichever shipper it's for. I've had labels say that and have never had to pay. Once it's scanned into the system it should charge the seller. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |