What type of GPS coordinates are these and how do I convert them to DD?

Does anyone know what kind of weird coordinate system is used here, and how I convert it to the DD standard? 

Example: Hässelby torg 3 (Sweden), 141083,8605 6583557,276 27,103488

image.png.5dead5d05efdcbd22ec9a4e7e3a78d4f.png

GPS would only have two coordinates (N/S, E/W), so I'm not sure it is convertible. Maybe some form of triangulation in the form of distances given relative to some well known fixed points?

Try drawing circles around the addresses, using the numbers as meters for example. If all circles intersect in roughly the same point, you'd know for sure.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Those are UTM coordinates. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

54 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Those are UTM coordinates. 

When typing these coordinates into a UTM map the coordinates doesn't align with the location adress at all. Typing the Hässelby torg 3 coordinates into https://www.geoplaner.com/ just places it in the ocean...

On 3/14/2024 at 7:26 PM, creat0r said:

Does anyone know what kind of weird coordinate system is used here, and how I convert it to the DD standard? 

Lookes like UTM. Look up your specific region to determine what number. In Denmark we use UTM32 and 33

I tried googling converters, and this is one of the hits.  Ehttps://www.earthpoint.us/convert.aspx

I usually use some paid for software for conversions at my work, so I cannot attest to the quality of the page. 

I'm not sure however. There is something wrong with coordinate one. I'll look a bit more into it

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 3/14/2024 at 7:33 PM, Eigenvektor said:

GPS would only have two coordinates (N/S, E/W), so I'm not sure it is convertible. Maybe some form of triangulation in the form of distances given relative to some well known fixed points?

Try drawing circles around the addresses, using the numbers as meters for example. If all circles intersect in roughly the same point, you'd know for sure.

GPS can work with "any" coordinate system. Its mostly a matter of conversion, but different systems have different built in errors depending on where and how you use them.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 3/14/2024 at 7:26 PM, creat0r said:

where did you get this table? I would like to see if there is some metadata connected to it

Solved it!

Its a local Swedish system called SWEREF. I admit I bruteforced through to the conclusion that it is the sub system called 99 17 15, but maybe play a bit around with the "From System" tab to be sure. I managed to get the lattitude and Longitude to hit pretty well on the adresse according to google earth.

Lantmateriet has a transformer at this link: https://www.lantmateriet.se/en/geodata/gps-geodesi-och-swepos/geodesy/geodesy-services/coordinate-transformation/#anchor-1

image.thumb.png.2fea5b05711c2087c926bf67758db11f.png

10 hours ago, DeerDK said:

GPS can work with "any" coordinate system. Its mostly a matter of conversion, but different systems have different built in errors depending on where and how you use them.

You're right, of course. I was confused by the presence of a third value. Since earth's surface is typically treated as a 2D plain, I incorrectly assumed a third value meant it must be something else. Since you aren't using it in your conversion, is it height or something?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

You're right, of course. I was confused by the presence of a third value. Since earth's surface is typically treated as a 2D plain, I incorrectly assumed a third value meant it must be something else. Since you aren't using it in your conversion, is it height or something?

Exactly 🙂 it's the height, which also fully measurable with gps/gnss

On 3/17/2024 at 9:44 PM, DeerDK said:

Solved it!

Its a local Swedish system called SWEREF. I admit I bruteforced through to the conclusion that it is the sub system called 99 17 15, but maybe play a bit around with the "From System" tab to be sure. I managed to get the lattitude and Longitude to hit pretty well on the adresse according to google earth.

Lantmateriet has a transformer at this link: https://www.lantmateriet.se/en/geodata/gps-geodesi-och-swepos/geodesy/geodesy-services/coordinate-transformation/#anchor-1

image.thumb.png.2fea5b05711c2087c926bf67758db11f.png

Thanks. I was getting stressed that people here would give totally wrong answers.

Like said, the format is in UTM so in meters from set origo. But you need to know which system they are in to know where origo is. Usually it's mentioned with given coordinates. This is important as the East coordinate isn't taken from 0 meridian, but from some certain meridian. Here, most likely 14* as the number starts like that. North is meters from equator and Z/height from standard sea level.

GPS devices do accept multiple coordinates. But most just WGS-84 or Google Web Mercator. Unless you have something intended for professional use.

(sorry for explanation, I rarely get questions that are about my profession as GIS engineer)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

28 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks. I was getting stressed that people here would give totally wrong answers.

Like said, the format is in UTM so in meters from set origo. But you need to know which system they are in to know where origo is. Usually it's mentioned with given coordinates. This is important as the East coordinate isn't taken from 0 meridian, but from some certain meridian. Here, most likely 14* as the number starts like that. North is meters from equator and Z/height from standard sea level.

GPS devices do accept multiple coordinates. But most just WGS-84 or Google Web Mercator. Unless you have something intended for professional use.

(sorry for explanation, I rarely get questions that are about my profession as GIS engineer)

Im a cadastral surveyor, with specialization in technical surveying, so we are in the same boat  - although I mostly work with sewer mapping and 3d scanning of underground facilities. 😁

What made me think of UTM in the beginning was that the 2. coordinate looked very much like UTM, but the first one was way off compared to what im used to seeing. On the other hand, our local newer systems in Denmark - DKTM 1-4 have been made so widely different that there is no risk of mistaking the two without ending up in Djibouti instead of Denmark, and im not that well versed in the Swedish systems - so it required a bit of digging.

The standard sealevel can vary a bit. In Denmark we have two systems. The newer is called DVR90 (Danish Vertical Reference 90) and some times one really has to pay attention because some planner insist on using the old system due to existin maps