Wccftech.com shilling (?) for crypto

Is it just me or is Wccftech blatantly shilling for crypto?
From time to time they used publish the random article about crypto which I didnt mind but for the last couple of months the titles/images/contents and the frequency of the articles is getting out of hand.

Screenshotfrom2024-03-1416-08-02.png.08557011bfb7ec9be8da782a6a80e368.png

I liked the way the website is built and the way it show news articles but I think this is it for me with them.

"Mom, it's just a phase"

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

And he sure love his crypto for someone with no investment of interest in it.

Crypto is hot right now. Bitcoin just reached a new high. It makes perfect sense that they would be publishing more about it, because it's likely been driving more traffic than it did months ago.

The site is driven by ads and affiliate links. Anything tech related that's in vogue is going to be something that they'll want to publish about.

6 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Crypto is hot right now. Bitcoin just reached a new high. It makes perfect sense that they would be publishing more about it, because it's likely been driving more traffic than it did months ago.

The site is driven by ads and affiliate links. Anything tech related that's in vogue is going to be something that they'll want to publish about.

It might make sense that they talk about it but can you explain some of the articles title like "Bitcoin finally forms a news all time high as its skeptics go green with envy" and the general subjectivity of the articles instead of them being objectives?

You're on the finance section of WCCFTech, a well known rumor site. Of course they're going to talk about all the rumors and since Bitcoin falls into finance and is hot right now why else wouldn't they have articles?

Edit:

As an aside, the right work is shilling. Chilling is something else 🙂

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, aminit said:

It might make sense that they talk about it but can you explain some of the articles title like "Bitcoin finally forms a news all time high as its skeptics go green with envy" and the general subjectivity of the articles instead of them being objectives?

WCCFTech is not known for their objective, authoritative reporting. They're known for publishing about rumors, leaks, and speculation.

As for article titles, these days, it's all about clicks. That title probably entices crypto bros to click on it. Thus, they use it.

It's just clickbait. The same reason YouTube videos have provocative titles and thumbnails even if the video is only vaguely about the title: if it drives clicks, it's a good title.

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Edit:

As an aside, the right work is shilling. Chilling is something else 🙂

Thank you

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

WCCFTech is not known for their objective, authoritative reporting. They're known for publishing about rumors, leaks, and speculation.

As for article titles, these days, it's all about clicks. That title probably entices crypto bros to click on it. Thus, they use it.

It's just clickbait. The same reason YouTube videos have provocative titles and thumbnails even if the video is only vaguely about the title: if it drives clicks, it's a good title.

I just read the article in question and it seems to me like it is writen as some kind of eulogy of bitcoin as opposed to simple reporting about news or any rumors or speculation.

The only thing worse than WCCFTech itself are the losers (I don't use that often but wholeheartedly I mean it here) in the comment sections with nothing better to do but endlessly trash talk others for a small dopamine kick and a 5% boost to their ego, which will last a whole 30 minutes (kinda stole that line but it's applicable).

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

34 minutes ago, aminit said:

They're AI generated clickbait headlines, next to AI generated thumbnails, that will undoubtedly lead to AI generated content surrounded by more of the same.

The rot starts on the sketchy sites and only spreads from there...

I sold my soul for ProSupport.