Good first Android phone suggestion?

I have been using iOS devices for, quite literally, the majority of my entire life. As of late, however, I have decided to make the switch over to Android. Is there any good phones to start with? I am looking for a phone for $900 or under, preferably with a big screen with a high refresh rate. 

I really hate chemistry.

3 minutes ago, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

I have been using iOS devices for, quite literally, the majority of my entire life. As of late, however, I have decided to make the switch over to Android. Is there any good phones to start with? I am looking for a phone for $900 or under, preferably with a big screen with a high refresh rate. 

Amazon.com: OnePlus 12,12GB RAM+256GB,Dual-SIM,Unlocked Android Smartphone,Supports Fastest 50W Wireless Charging,with The Latest Mobile Processor,Advanced Hasselblad Camera,5400 mAh Battery,2024,Silky Black : Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG Galaxy S23+ Plus Cell Phone, Unlocked Android Smartphone, 256GB, 50MP Camera, Night Mode, 8K Video, Long Battery Life, Fastest Mobile Processor, Adaptive Display, US Version, 2023, Green : Cell Phones & Accessories

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

The pixel 8 pro is pretty solid. It often is on some sort of promo, especially Fi deals if that's a functional phone service in your area

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I've always been happy with my last-gen refurbished Samsung Galaxy S models. I'm currently still running the S9 and it's doing everything I need it to do.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I also recommend the Samsung Galaxy S23+, especially since Samsung has the longest support timeline for Android devices right now, should get 5-7 years of updates.

edit: heck, even the current gen S24+ is almost in your price range if you don't want used or previous gen https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Smartphone-Unlocked-Android-Processor/dp/B0CMDL3H3V/

edit 2: or if you want even bigger, there's the S23 Ultra that comes with the s-pen if you'd like and make use of it https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-Unlocked/dp/B0C544TBQM/

56 minutes ago, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

I'd start with a Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro. It's as close as you'll get to 'reference' Android, and you'll find a fast display, a great camera, and an overall cohesive experience.

If not that, I'd look at a OnePlus 12. Not quite as good at photography, but it'll be very fast and offer a superb screen.

Sony is a good no bs android experience since you get mostly stock android, minimal included bloatware, and a headphoen jack/microsd.
Like why jump to android if you're not gonna grab all the normal features of android. I would just ignore entirely any company that removes basic features like that on their entire lineup if you want a real android.