There arn't any Micro Centers in Washington State and my friend needs help installing and upgrading

Go to solution Solved by Why_Me,
1 hour ago, houndy515 said:

My friend needs to upgrade his computer, but he doesn't have the know-how, and I am on the east coast. And I highly doubt Best Buy will assist with his computer upgrading and installation. Does anyone know any businesses that can help out in the Washington, Auburn area or surrounding cities?

Pretty much any PC / laptop repair shop will help him for a small fee. Google the ones in Auburn, Kent and Federal Way.

My friend needs to upgrade his computer, but he doesn't have the know-how, and I am on the east coast. And I highly doubt Best Buy will assist with his computer upgrading and installation. Does anyone know any businesses that can help out in the Washington, Auburn area or surrounding cities?

34 minutes ago, houndy515 said:

I think best buy does do the job, though it's 40$ per item. Your friend would probably benefit from going to a place called, "Re-PC" in tukwila, last time I was there a few years back, they had signs for PC troubleshooting and all that jazz. I still order items from them via ebay, so they're still around. Might wanna call the number on google and see if they can help.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

You neither need MC nor Best Buy. As fun and good experience as it is, GPU prices and the whatnot, rolls computer stores slowly outdated. They pay the taxes to the government, of massive places, in turn you get the deals or whatever. That's their practice.

Order the stuff online, B&H works. 

Heck I import stuff from B&H. Come to think of it. I'm not even from CDN.

1 hour ago, houndy515 said:

Pretty much any PC / laptop repair shop will help him for a small fee. Google the ones in Auburn, Kent and Federal Way.

You (meaning, your friend) can also advertise on meetup.com for any computer builders in your area who can help you (him) with building a system.  If you have a car, it's extremely easy to meet in a public place, just ask in advance if you can borrow an outlet and make sure you patronize the shop if its a starbucks or something similar.  If you don't have a vehicle, however, things can get rather tricky when dealing with strangers.

I also live in Washington, Pacific North West part of it, and I took, am the sad that there is no Micro Center, I plan on build a PC sometime in the future, and having an MC would definitely help with saving some money, even if the build is only around $1.8K