Need help picking case

christianled59
Go to solution Solved by Silent_R493,

I'd say 350D.  or 650D/C70 for a Mid Tower size.   

NZXT cases are nice but unless your getting a H440 or Phantom 630/820 I'd look else where.  I feel those are their best examples of what they can design. Thus making them the only good choices from them IMO.

I need help deciding between a NZXT Phantom 410 and a Corsair 350d (windowed). I have a micro ATX motherboard. Which should I get? Should I keep the phantom 410 or get the corsair case. I want a case to fit on my desk but I like the look of the phantom.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I have a phantom 410 and my friend has a 350d and based off of me seeing it in person my vote would be the 350d

I have a phantom 410 and my friend has a 350d and based off of me seeing it in person my vote would be the 350d

In what way is it better? In your opinion.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

In what way is it better? In your opinion.

Since I've gotten the phantom 410 my tastes have changed and I prefer the look of the 350d. I also in general hate the side look of the phantom 410.

It's more of a aesthetic difference they have about the same cooling options and the 350d has slightly worse cable management.

Looks are subjective. I like the phantom look myself but the matx motherboard may look awkward in a mid tower.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks are subjective. I like the phantom look myself but the matx motherboard may look awkward in a mid tower.

That is true and is a few of the reasons I am leaning toward the micro case. However, I like to have room for upgrades. 

I got the 350d when it came out, and love it. I've looked at the phantoms, and it doesn't look classy to me.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I have the 350D and I love it. My vote goes for it as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

NZXT cases are nice but unless your getting a H440 or Phantom 630/820 I'd look else where.  I feel those are their best examples of what they can design. Thus making them the only good choices from them IMO.

I guess I'm going for 350d.