Hard drive cage removal from case. (help)

SONYSIKE

I just got Deepcool's matrexx 50 but as soon as I put all the components in the case, I realised that my psu can't fit. This is due to the hard drive cage. I unscrewed it thinking that all I need to do now is pull it out, but the gap is too small to do so. I don't want to result in cutting my case so if anyone knows how to take it out that would be gladly appreciated. I already tried searching how to get it out but no luck :C

By the looks of it it's bad design. You could snip the hard drive cage (destroying it) to get it out though.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

34 minutes ago, keskparane said:

By the looks of it it's bad design. You could snip the hard drive cage (destroying it) to get it out though.

yeah, that's the one thing i didnt want to have to result in doing. guess i gotta destroy it

Posted (edited)

Did you take the right hand side sidepanel off ?

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

45 minutes ago, leclod said:

Did you take the right hand side sidepanel off ?

of course

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SONYSIKE said:

of course

What's your psu, is it deeper than 170mm ?

(I'm watching Linus building a system using that case and I wonder what's blocking you)

Capture d’écran (233).png

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

11 hours ago, leclod said:

What's your psu, is it deeper than 170mm ?

(I'm watching Linus building a system using that case and I wonder what's blocking you)

Capture d’écran (233).png

man i really thought the straight power 11 could fit in there, that hard drive cage near the bottom left of the cage is blocking the cables. the cables go too far out before they can bend

So i went and look up a few things here and the only way to get it out looks like youd have to get it loose,unscrew everything so you can pull it out, try to take its little shelves out if possible, then use your left hand to push the left side of the cage itself while holding it with the right hand and bend it sideways a bit like a accordion. It looks like plain thin sheet steel so it should be doable by hand or with tool. Leave it that way so if you ever want to put it back in its ready.

Option 2 is either taking a Dremel or tin snips to the, preferably, bottom side of both sides of the cage to remove whats necessary so you wont be able to notice the cuts easily if you ever want to put it back.

Either way dont cut the case frame walls themself, i dont mean the doors, or youll start undermining the strength of the case.

That case should be fine for even big PSU's since you can run wires right in front of the hdd cage. They gave you a thicker case to do just that, so im not seeing the issue really. This guy put a Corsair 1050 in just fine, which your straightpower would be the same size.

You can do it, just have patience, take your time and do it right. Nothings worse than having to take it all apart and do it again!