LTT desk pad and bad tracking quality?

My question relates to "LTT NORTHERN LIGHTS DESK PAD".

I noticed in video at 12:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRL-fs3RQo that the mouse(Logitech M90 or M100) was tracking really bad. The mouse apparently loses tracking when the sensor goes over those "mountain" patterns. I've used a similar mouse and it doesn't lose tracking like that.

Is that problem caused by the graphics printed on that pad? I've encountered similar problems if the mouse pad was white or if the mouse pad had high contrasting patterns. LTTStore has small versions of desk pads where almost the entire area is covered with patterns. And large versions where the mouse is likely to move over the patterns. It would be nice to know if you can even use that desk pad if you don't use gaming mouse. Many ergonomic mouses uses fairly basic sensors.

9 minutes ago, Ruutanakostaja said:

. The mouse apparently loses tracking when the sensor goes over those "mountain" patterns. I've used a similar mouse and it doesn't lose tracking like that.

I'm seeing the opposite, that the mouse loses tracking at the all solid black color.

9 minutes ago, Ruutanakostaja said:

Is that problem caused by the graphics printed on that pad?

could be partially, but any mouse with decent sensor doesn't really care if your mousepad has consistent pattern or if it has whatever else color spectrum wise,

there would be no reason to sell gaming mousepads with printed pictures or uneven textures if it was terrible for mouse accuracy

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

The m100 is known to track poorly on dark non reflective surfaces. Been a problem for as far as I can remember. People with black desks or mousepads had the same thing happen.

27 minutes ago, Ruutanakostaja said:

I noticed in video at 12:39 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRL-fs3RQo that the mouse(Logitech M90 or M100) was tracking really bad. The mouse apparently loses tracking when the sensor goes over those "mountain" patterns. I've used a similar mouse and it doesn't lose tracking like that.

Is that problem caused by the graphics printed on that pad? I've encountered similar problems if the mouse pad was white or if the mouse pad had high contrasting patterns. LTTStore has small versions of desk pads where almost the entire area is covered with patterns. And large versions where the mouse is likely to move over the patterns. It would be nice to know if you can even use that desk pad if you don't use gaming mouse. Many ergonomic mouses uses fairly basic sensors.

Wouldnt be surprised if the m100 they have has the typical

On 3/7/2024 at 8:09 PM, Ruutanakostaja said:

They do? Most quality ergonomic mice use high quality sensors. Those Logitech mice you mentioned are among the cheapest on the market. Like seriously, the M90 is 5 euro here, the M100 is 6,90.

I'm not gonna tell you what mouse to get, but if you are on this forum (and thus I assume you are frequent PC user), and you are talking about a deskpad that costs 30, I would get a decent mouse. Hell skip the deskpad, and use it for the mouse.