Virtualization question...

1) My Linux install in VMware cannot detect any hardware sensors like CPU temperature. I tried playing around with the virtualization engine settings and Windows virtualization. So, no OS in a VM can access any hardware sensor?

2) These virtualization settings are so dumb. In the past, I've spent a lot of time playing around with these settings because I have heard that enabling/disabling virtualization increases performance. I've noticed that either the program works, or doesn't work with or without VT and there is no visible performance impact, at least to me. For example, VMware doesn't care if VT is enabled or not, it just works. Bluestacks with Android 11 also works with anything, although in that, I can see in task manager that it handles stuff differently when VT is enabled. Some programs actually prefer no VT. Also, with Windows VT enabled and all the settings for VMware virtualization enabled, VMware just crashes, idk why.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

1 minute ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

1) My Linux install in VMware cannot detect any hardware sensors like CPU temperature. I tried playing around with the virtualization engine settings and Windows virtualization. So, no OS in a VM can access any hardware sensor?

Generally, no. That's kind of the point of a VM - it's in its own virtual sandbox where it can't access your actual system unless you grant it permission (though this isn't always done properly). Most VM managers (hypervisors? supervisors? whatever the term may be) do not implement reading hardware sensors as there's no real reason to - the host OS that manages the VMs can do that.

elephants

i think parallels can access your desktop but i tried it on my mac its annoying

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!