Is the Ubiquiti Switch Ultra enough?

ZeusXI

I have the LR-U6 AP , 3x G3 flex , and 1x G4 dome (I have room for 2 more cameras but probably wont be adding them, but still an option)

I was wondering if the 60w Switch Ultra would be enough to power all of these (and maybe 2 cameras later).

I would also be connecting my Cloud Key Gen2+ to it

I think it should be enough? But I wanted to double check.

52 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

I was wondering if the 60w Switch Ultra would be enough to power all of these (and maybe 2 cameras later).

I'd get it with the 210W AC adapter to be safe.

52 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

I think it should be enough? But I wanted to double check.

You're going to quickly run out of ports. 8 will be enough?

32 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

I'd get it with the 210W AC adapter to be safe.

You're going to quickly run out of ports. 8 will be enough?

Well. Considering I have 5 ports filled, and 7 total, I have 2 free ports. Works for me honestly. I could either have 2 more APs (for my home the LR is fine), and 2 cameras maybe. Why 210W? That seems excessive for cameras 😄

13 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

Well. Considering I have 5 ports filled, and 7 total, I have 2 free ports. Works for me honestly. I could either have 2 more APs (for my home the LR is fine), and 2 cameras maybe. Why 210W? That seems excessive for cameras 😄

Currently, if all peripheral devices were actively doing something at maximum power draw, your PoE load would be around 49W. Add 2 more G4-Dome cameras later and you add 10W, pushing total PoE draw to just under 60W.

Device    |	Quantity | Unit POE (W) | Total POE (W)
---------------------------------------------------
U6-LR     |     1        | 18.5         | 18.5
G3-Flex   |	3        | 4            | 12
G4-Dome   |	1        | 5            | 5
UCK-G2P   |	1        | 13           | 13
----------------------------------------------------
Total     | 6                           | 48.5

That 60W AC power adapter also has to provide 8W of power for the USW-Ultra. So, with the setup you already have, you're probably reaching the limit with the 60W adapter (49 + 8 = 57W).

All PoE devices and the switch itself are unlikely to be active and consuming maximum power simultaneously. However, if you're constantly recording video to the UCK-G2+, you might be getting close.

If you have an existing PoE switch through which you can assess the total power draw on your current devices, you should get an idea of what your typical power consumption will be like.

spacer.png