I need help transfering my files!!!

I recently bought a brand new pc without an OS because i knew i can just simply plug in my old laptop SSD and transfer/copy the whole drive to the 1TB Kingston nvme drive. But when i tried pluggin it in both the drives show up in task manager, hardware info etc. but when i open file explorer and want to search the nvme drive, it isnt found. So my question is, can i copy the entire drive including Windows to a pc without an OS? Or do I need to download Windows installer and set it up that way? IF so what (ideally free) software could do that or software that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for (best would be <10$)

14 minutes ago, TheChoosenCookie said:

I recently bought a brand new pc without an OS because i knew i can just simply plug in my old laptop SSD and transfer/copy the whole drive to the 1TB Kingston nvme drive. But when i tried pluggin it in both the drives show up in task manager, hardware info etc. but when i open file explorer and want to search the nvme drive, it isnt found. So my question is, can i copy the entire drive including Windows to a pc without an OS? Or do I need to download Windows installer and set it up that way? IF so what (ideally free) software could do that or software that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for (best would be <10$)

Have you initialized the new NVME yet ?

Go to disk management, is the NVME drive listed in there? does it have black bar that says Uninitialized? If yes, then initialize it.

As for copying the entire thing inside your old SSD, with OS included to a new one, easiest way is to clone it using a cloning software.

Examples :

Macrium Reflect Home Free Trial -Free for a limited time

MiniTool Partition Wizard -IIRC, Free too

CloneZilla -Free

and many other cloning softwares

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/clone-your-ssd-or-hard-drive

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can use Macrium Reflect Home or Aomei Partition Assistant(both are free) to clone an OS from one drive to another. However, the target drive(the drive you want the data cloned to) needs to be empty and cannot be running an OS or have any data.

The Nvme drive will only show up in file explorer/Windows if it has been initialized and has had a drive letter assigned to it. If you have not done that, go into Disk Management and Initialize the drive.

Just an FYI, you cannot simply copy and paste an operating system from one drive to another, you need to use a program with a cloning feature to CLONE the OS from one drive to another. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |