Reservoir question

The only problem with this is filling the reservoir as you normally have to fill through the top.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The only problem with this is filling the reservoir as you normally have to fill through the top.

What can i do to ease the filling and still have a tube running from the top 

What can i do to ease the filling and still have a tube running from the top 

No idea, never tried it you could use a T fitting.

EDIT: This: http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/T-Fittings-cid-2309.html

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

So i was thinking about buying a Liquid Fusion T virus res. https://frozenqshop.com/index.php/lf250.html

Can i use the port on top as liquid intake, and then one of the ports on the bottom as an outage?

If you can fit this, it'll work.

https://frozenqshop.com/index.php/tri400.html (blood red/black/white?)

Attach this to the top, and have one of the ports at the top be a fill port by extending it with tubing...

http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/3-way_splitter_triple_rotary_y_block_crossconnect_adapter_silver/

And ending it with a cap, like this one.

http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/fill_drain_port_sealing_plug_w_3_8_id_tubing_barb_-silver/

You might also want to use a syringe like this one.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19675/ex-tub-1808/PrimoChill_Liquid_Cooling_Fill_Syringe_w_Cap_-_60_mL_SYR-66.html

If you can fit this, it'll work.

https://frozenqshop.com/index.php/tri400.html (blood red/black/white?)

Attach this to the top, and have one of the ports at the top be a fill port by extending it with tubing...

http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/3-way_splitter_triple_rotary_y_block_crossconnect_adapter_silver/

And ending it with a cap, like this one.

http://www.dazmode.com/store/product/fill_drain_port_sealing_plug_w_3_8_id_tubing_barb_-silver/

Manifolds are better than Y splitters for this task.

Manifolds are better than Y splitters for this task.

How come?

How come?

Y splitters are used for combining two streams of water or separating them.

Therefore they are big. A manifold is small and you fill it from the side while the main flow of water goes right through without being turned.

Y splitters are used for combining two streams of water or separating them.

Therefore they are big. A manifold is small and you fill it from the side while the main flow of water goes right through without being turned.

He's probably going to be using the 900D though, so space really isn't much of an issue. Plus the fillport's liquid will have a better angle at which to fall down with the Y splitter.

He's probably going to be using the 900D though, so space really isn't much of an issue. Plus the fillport's liquid will have a better angle at which to fall down with the Y splitter.

Why would you want your fill port to be at a better angle? You use it once and it doesn't help anything. Flow is improved with a manifold and they look better.

Why would you want your fill port to be at a better angle? You use it once and it doesn't help anything. Flow is improved with a manifold and they look better.

How is it improved? Links?

It also looks much nicer in my opinion, which is one of the main goals of this build.

How is it improved? Links?

Bends in pipes slow water down and cause restriction, that's general knowledge.

Bends in pipes slow water down and cause restriction, that's general knowledge.

The bend is the opposite direction of the flow, the manifold would have more of a chance to reduce flow from the looks of it.

The bend is the opposite direction of the flow, the manifold would have more of a chance to reduce flow from the looks of it.

agreed

agreed

post-726-0-17185700-1368888895.jpg

I don't think you are looking at the same manifold as me. In fact, what manifold are you looking at?

They won't have one of the caps on them, and this build is more about looks than temperatures. Even if that were to make a difference in temperatures (which will be negligible if at all) then it's hypocritical of you to recommend that he shouldn't get motherboard waterblocks but instead change one fitting to increase flow a tiny amount.

attachicon.gif64086_0.jpg

I don't think you are looking at the same manifold as me. In fact, what manifold are you looking at?

the picture that has four holes, two that are closed with the plugs

Even though the manifold Ghost posed isn't the same as the ones you're looking at, water will still be flowing in exactly the same way. A manifold doesn't force the water in a different direction, use one.

Thanks this looks very nice to add to the top of my T-Virus. Cant wait till every watercooling component is ordered and on the way.

Even though the manifold Ghost posed isn't the same as the ones you're looking at, water will still be flowing in exactly the same way. A manifold doesn't force the water in a different direction, use one.

You should be MUCH more worried about a bent tube (not kinked, as shown in your avatar) if the Y-splitter worries you with its "resistance to flow".

You should be MUCH more worried about a bent tube (not kinked, as shown in your avatar) if the Y-splitter worries you with its "resistance to flow".

When did I mention I was worried about anything? All I did was agree with Ghost and explain why. Besides, the only tube being bent would be the the one going to the fill port, which would have zero effect on performance.

Care to explain where the kinked tube is?

7673066_orig.jpg

When did I mention I was worried about anything? All I did was agree with Ghost and explain why. Besides, the only tube being bent would be the the one going to the fill port, which would have zero effect on performance.

Care to explain where the kinked tube is?

7673066_orig.jpg

I said not kinked, as in the tubes that are curved. Even the 45 degree fittings reduce flow, my point is that it's not worth worrying about the Y-splitter.