Issues and Compatibility AVR and Canton Movie 135

Hi guys,

I’ve had the following setup for some years now but haven’t used it in probably 3 years:

Speakers: Canton Movie 135 (100/120 Watt) 

Receiver: Denon AVRX520BTBKE2 5.2 AV-Receiver (4K Ultra HD, 5x HDMI, 3D-4K-HD Master, 5x 130 Watt, Bluetooth) 

Problem:

When I turn the volume up all the way at one point the receiver just clicks and turns off. I have very little idea of Audio equipment but I was thinking that it might have something to do with the power ratings and output wattages at higher volume.

Are these components compatible?

Thanks in Advance 

It's probably shorting or hitting a power limit. Is it really dusty?

25 minutes ago, johnt said:

It's probably shorting or hitting a power limit. Is it really dusty?

How do I check if it’s an issue with the power limit?

it’s been sitting in a cabinet so it’s not crazy dusty, I will try to clean it and then try again.

1 hour ago, Santach said:

Hi guys,

I’ve had the following setup for some years now but haven’t used it in probably 3 years:

Speakers: Canton Movie 135 (100/120 Watt) 

Receiver: Denon AVRX520BTBKE2 5.2 AV-Receiver (4K Ultra HD, 5x HDMI, 3D-4K-HD Master, 5x 130 Watt, Bluetooth) 

Problem:

When I turn the volume up all the way at one point the receiver just clicks and turns off. I have very little idea of Audio equipment but I was thinking that it might have something to do with the power ratings and output wattages at higher volume.

Are these components compatible?

Thanks in Advance 

because its clicking and shutting off means its going into protect mode. something in the avr is shorting, or failing.
might be best to take the cover off and give it a good dusting first. if it still does it youll have to find the culprit causing the issue if your capable

Try running the AVR in 2 channel stereo mode and it may be able to drive two speakers to a higher output than otherwise.

But I'm just talking out my ass.

On 3/4/2024 at 6:16 PM, circeseye said:

because its clicking and shutting off means its going into protect mode. something in the avr is shorting, or failing.
might be best to take the cover off and give it a good dusting first. if it still does it youll have to find the culprit causing the issue if your capable

Can you tell from the specs if there are any inherit compatibility issues with the setup? As in the receiver not being powerful enough to run the speaker setup?

5 hours ago, Santach said:

Can you tell from the specs if there are any inherit compatibility issues with the setup? As in the receiver not being powerful enough to run the speaker setup?

set up is fine. its the avr with a issue. something inside of it is causing it to go into protect mode