I'd rather not go soundbar option but the wife...

My wife and I just moved into a new home and she has this media console that we just put together that she says would be perfect if we got "one of those all in one speakers".  She likes the clean look of a single speaker, but we use a receiver so my options are either a passive soundbar (the few options I found were too expensive) or finding a Left, Right and Center speaker that gives the appearance of a soundbar.

My receiver is nothing special, but it handles passive hdmi switching that we need to keep (single HDMI to the TV that is wall mounted).

Are there any speakers that might fit my wife's aesthetic preferences?  Could I use 3 center channel speakers?  Have I missed a passive soundbar option under $500?

I've had an amazing experience with Samsung soundbars. Using the HW-Q80R myself and got a $200 model for my parents a year back and they're extremely happy with it. The HW-Q80R in particular is better than most speaker systems I've heard before. Since current comparable Samsung models to my Q80R got much more expensive, I'd recommend to have a look through this list: The 5 Best Soundbars Under $500 - Winter 2024: Reviews - RTINGS.com

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

It didn't look to me like a soundbar could be used with a receiver unless it was a 'passive' soundbar.