Simple phone for elderly relative.

One of my elderly relatives just had their phone die on them the other day & they need a new phone. I've seen alot of people recommended iphones, but I'd rather not suggest one as no one else in the family has iphones & i dislike apple as a company & want to vote with my wallet.

The previous phone they had was a samsung J6.

I'd be very grateful is anyone could advise on a smartphone that would be easy & simple to use for them.

2 hours ago, twotye said:

One of my elderly relatives just had their phone die on them the other day & they need a new phone. I've seen alot of people recommended iphones, but I'd rather not suggest one as no one else in the family has iphones & i dislike apple as a company & want to vote with my wallet.

The previous phone they had was a samsung J6.

I'd be very grateful is anyone could advise on a smartphone that would be easy & simple to use for them.

I haven't used Android in many years. I do recall that every manufacture had its own skin. My advice would be to buy a device that uses a similar interface as other people in the family. For example my folks have iPhones because my sister, brother in law, myself all have iPhones so it makes things easier when we get called to troubleshoot.

Another thing, when you set up the device, make sure the short cuts for the apps they will be using are easy to find, like put them on the home screen.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.