What streaming device is better?

Go to solution Solved by johnt,

Yes. The Apple TV is unmatched in terms of responsiveness, support, and longevity. I've owned 7 Amazon streaming devices and they are all e-waste now. I bought my Apple TV 4K in 2021 and it still performs like new. If you have an iPhone, then this is a no brainer. The Apple TV has really come down in price too. Yeah it's still expensive, but it was worth it for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "more powerful." These set top boxes aren't comparable by specifications. My biggest gripe with the Amazon products was the lack of support for the claims. Like it claimed it can do Dolby Atmos, but the streaming services software did not support it on the Fire devices. That compatibility problem just doesn't exist on my Apple TV. And maybe that's changed since I owned Amazon stuff, but I'm not willing to find out.

I'm going to rant now about Amazon devices... but these are the two worst situations I've had with Amazon devices. I bought one of the expensive $100 models a few years ago, used it about 2 to 3 times in one year bc we had a kid, and it was plugged in, powered, with active internet. And when we got to a point where we could watch movies again, the device just wouldn't display anything. Hard reset, soft reset, hammers.... NOTHING worked. How did it just die? I then considered buying the top of the line cube version. Which did not have a direct ethernet port. You had to purchase a USB2.0 Type-B to ethernet adapter, and the adapter is completely limited by the bandwidth of USB2.0 through the type B port they decided to use. Now I understand streaming does not require a 1 Gbe connection. But you know... this stupid box cost $100 and the adapter was an additional $15 or $20. No. I had to walk away. Apple introduced the TV 4k in like March of 2021, I convinced my wife to purchase one for $200. Honestly we've never had an issue with it. Even my wife says it was worth it and that's a rare statement from her.

Is the Apple TV 4K 2022 more powerful than Amazon fire tv stick 4K max? 

Yes. The Apple TV is unmatched in terms of responsiveness, support, and longevity. I've owned 7 Amazon streaming devices and they are all e-waste now. I bought my Apple TV 4K in 2021 and it still performs like new. If you have an iPhone, then this is a no brainer. The Apple TV has really come down in price too. Yeah it's still expensive, but it was worth it for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "more powerful." These set top boxes aren't comparable by specifications. My biggest gripe with the Amazon products was the lack of support for the claims. Like it claimed it can do Dolby Atmos, but the streaming services software did not support it on the Fire devices. That compatibility problem just doesn't exist on my Apple TV. And maybe that's changed since I owned Amazon stuff, but I'm not willing to find out.

I'm going to rant now about Amazon devices... but these are the two worst situations I've had with Amazon devices. I bought one of the expensive $100 models a few years ago, used it about 2 to 3 times in one year bc we had a kid, and it was plugged in, powered, with active internet. And when we got to a point where we could watch movies again, the device just wouldn't display anything. Hard reset, soft reset, hammers.... NOTHING worked. How did it just die? I then considered buying the top of the line cube version. Which did not have a direct ethernet port. You had to purchase a USB2.0 Type-B to ethernet adapter, and the adapter is completely limited by the bandwidth of USB2.0 through the type B port they decided to use. Now I understand streaming does not require a 1 Gbe connection. But you know... this stupid box cost $100 and the adapter was an additional $15 or $20. No. I had to walk away. Apple introduced the TV 4k in like March of 2021, I convinced my wife to purchase one for $200. Honestly we've never had an issue with it. Even my wife says it was worth it and that's a rare statement from her.

44 minutes ago, johnt said:

Okay I will go Apple TV then to upgrade my old Sony tv. I own an iPhone so it’s probably best to go with the Apple TV.

6 hours ago, JarredFeutrill said:

Okay I will go Apple TV then to upgrade my old Sony tv. I own an iPhone so it’s probably best to go with the Apple TV.

Have fun streaming. 

On 3/4/2024 at 1:53 AM, johnt said:

Have fun streaming. 

Yes thanks for the reply.