Kuhler 1220 Rad screws

Im currently building a computer in an Obsidian 350D. I bought 2 SP120s to go with my Antec Kuhler h20 1220 in the top, but I want to mount the radiator to the case with the fans pushing the air out through the radiator so i can, among other thing, see the red rings on the SP120s. I mounted the 2 fans to the rad with the long fan-screws that came with the watercooler, but i don't have any short fan screws to mount the rad to the case.

The cooler came with another set of 8 long fan screws incase the consumer wants to push-pull, but can i cut these shorter and use these to mount the rad to the case? If i screw them all the way through the rad it'll hit the other screw from the fans.

Or do i have to buy new screws. BTW short and thin rad screws didnt come with the 350d, only the fat ones for fans.

Id appreciate an answer quick as I really want to finish my build and start overclocking :) [4670k]

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

@El Bejelando,

With my H100i they also supplied me with long and short screws, the long screws are there to mount the fans to the rad (if you are using a push config, so that the air goes out the case) and the short ones are there to mount the rad to the case.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

check your case box, I had some screws used for something in my case that worked for my h100i, I think they were some sort of hdd screw

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

They're probably 6-32 screws. With a length of 25-30mm in height. Might be fine or coarse thread

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

@El Bejelando,

With my H100i they also supplied me with long and short screws, the long screws are there to mount the fans to the rad (if you are using a push config, so that the air goes out the case) and the short ones are there to mount the rad to the case.

Antec supplied me with 2 sets of 8 long fan screws assuming that i was gonna push-pull. However they only give me 2 fans. genius

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Antec supplied me with 2 sets of 8 long fan screws assuming that i was gonna push-pull. However they only give me 2 fans. genius

2 fans, 4 screws per fan = 8 screws?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

2 fans, 4 screws per fan = 8 screws?

dual rad. i used 8 screws to screw the fans to the rad from the "inside". now i cant screw the rad to the case cause i dont have short screws. wtf do i do

dual rad. i used 8 screws to screw the fans to the rad from the "inside". now i cant screw the rad to the case cause i dont have short screws. wtf do i do

Don't you have any left over screws laying around somewhere?

Ill check again when i continue building when i get home, but i looked around like mad yesterday and didnt find anything. I cant use any other type of screw that came with the case?

Ill check again when i continue building when i get home, but i looked around like mad yesterday and didnt find anything. I cant use any other type of screw that came with the case?

Like I said, CHECK YOUR CASE BOX, I found some that worked with my h100i

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock