iPhone 6 questions

Go to solution Solved by seanondemand,

The passcode’s been entered incorrectly too many times and the iPhone needs to be restored with a Mac or pc. After restoring, if it needs an Apple ID to activate, it’ll let you know - otherwise it’ll be good to go. 

My uncle recently passed away. I was brought his two iPhone 6. One of them was not logged in with an Apple account and I was able to reset it to factory. The second says "Disabled, connect to iTunes". Is that equivalent to an iCloud lock? I just need to know that the data on the devices cant be accessed. Those were my instructions anyway. Not sure what the plans for the devices are, looking on eBay I seen some going from $50 to just over $100, but I dont think they are probably worth much, Im guessing the plans are for the hazardous waste disposal our county does a few times a year.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The passcode’s been entered incorrectly too many times and the iPhone needs to be restored with a Mac or pc. After restoring, if it needs an Apple ID to activate, it’ll let you know - otherwise it’ll be good to go.