Soundbar satelite speakers wire diffrence

Kamranbites

Recently I purchased a 5.1 soundbar setup, and while everything is set up well, I've encountered a situation where one of the satellite speakers needs more cable length. Currently the satellite speakers are directly connected to the soundbar using an AV cable. To address this, I'm considering extending the cable length using an AV cable extension, with a length of around 5 meters.

I am  wondering if this extension might introduce any issues like sound delay or imbalance. The satellite speakers have an RMS power of 80W each. If anyone has a better solution or suggestion, I'm open to hearing it. Thank you!

And also the quality of extension wire matters much or can I use any normal quality one.

Unless you are running it hundreds of feet further away, the additional latency will be imperceptible.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

24 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Unless you are running it hundreds of feet further away, the additional latency will be imperceptible.

Ohhh then good, i was thinking to buy one more 5meter cable to balance it, but as you said there is not much difference then I think it is ok.

And what about the cable quality does it matter should I go with High quality one or normal.

electric fields move at roughly the speed of light. The speed of sound is around 1 million times slower vs the speed of electricity. 1 cm of speaker movement matters more than 1 km of wire distance (for signal delay; signal degradation would be an issue without absurd equipment). 

In computer networking the rule of thumb is that 1 foot means 1 nanosecond of delay (1 meter is around 3ns). If you add an extra 100 meters that's 300ns. 

100 meters = 0.0003 milliseconds delay. 
Generally it's hard to tell if there's a 0.1ms time difference. You moving your head a few cm would matter a lot more. 

Also, in theory your receiver and measurement microphone would adjust time offsets for each speaker. 

------

As an FYI a lot of the questions you've asked are addressed by info in an intro level physics course. 

https://thecrashcourse.com/topic/physics/

You'd want to look at things related to electricity, waves and sound. This includes currents, resistors, series vs parallel, etc.  Mostly 17-19, 25-37 and maybe 39. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

4 hours ago, Kamranbites said:

And what about the cable quality does it matter should I go with High quality one or normal.

Cables that are totally crap might introduce some problems like interference due to bad shielding or when they only contain trace amounts of copper or other conductive materials due to the bad ground connection. Also the mechanical quality of the connector matters because of its reliability. But in your application all of this matters only if you have a really bad and cheap cable. Everything that is not really bad is really good enough.