gpu suddenly running cooler

hi i updated my cards graphics drivers a while ago an ever since then my gpu has been running colder all of a sudden , fans are fine , no performance decrease ,the only thing ive done hardware wise was disassemble my pc entirely ,redo everything ,took everything out ,cleaned it ,plugged it back in after repasting cpu an now 2 of my case fans have quit working an these are the fans that came with my case , i aint got any idea whats going on ive looked online  the pic below is my temps after a complete full day of playing rust normal my gpu is like at 75-77c and it hasn't gotten passed that point at all tbh even the cpu is running cooler ,but i repasted maybe the newest nivida graphics driver boosted its performance ? i haven't noticed a increase in that just that its running cooler all of a sudden

pc.PNG

Getting the dust out of your PC makes your heatsinks work properly, so it's likely just that.

You're also using HWMonitor which can often be inaccurate, so it could be that derping out too. HWiNFO64 is the much better hardware monitoring utility.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

23 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

You're also using HWMonitor which can often be inaccurate, so it could be that derping out too. HWiNFO64 is the much better hardware monitoring utility.

I have yet to see any substantiation for this claim, except for maybe some niche scenarios where HWMonitor exhibits compatibility issues with certain hardware. Just seems like people are pushing certain preferences as fact, when it is totally unwarranted. It does offer more information(amongst other things), but it's not fair automatically jump to conclusions without having any real data to support it. The temperature readings are more than likely correct.

29 minutes ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

hi i updated my cards graphics drivers a while ago an ever since then my gpu has been running colder all of a sudden , fans are fine , no performance decrease ,the only thing ive done hardware wise was disassemble my pc entirely ,redo everything ,took everything out ,cleaned it ,plugged it back in after repasting cpu an now 2 of my case fans have quit working an these are the fans that came with my case , i aint got any idea whats going on ive looked online  the pic below is my temps after a complete full day of playing rust normal my gpu is like at 75-77c and it hasn't gotten passed that point at all tbh even the cpu is running cooler ,but i repasted maybe the newest nivida graphics driver boosted its performance ? i haven't noticed a increase in that just that its running cooler all of a sudden

The "only thing" is pretty significant here. If your radiators, heatsinks, and fans had a bunch of dust in them, that definitely affects thermal transfer, and thus parts will run hotter. And the fact that you reapplied thermal paste can be a significant factor too. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the drivers, unless your clock speeds and voltages were reset(assuming overclocking was done).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

51 minutes ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

pc.PNG

The cleaning probably helped and maybe there was something in the new driver to make it run cooler. No need to worry if performance isn't dropping though. I wouldn't be complaining.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

...disassemble my pc entirely ,redo everything ,took everything out ,cleaned it ,plugged it back in after repasting cpu an now 2 of my case fans have quit working an these are the fans that came with my case...

Maybe those 2 fans were somehow making it difficult for your GPU cooler? Were the dead fans replaced?

Unless you cleaned an amount of dust that had a significant impact on cooling

21 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

Maybe those 2 fans were somehow making it difficult for your GPU cooler? Were the dead fans replaced?

Unless you cleaned an amount of dust that had a significant impact on cooling

it was pretty clean even when i opened it ,the fans im currently working on replacing still need to order them i check my pc at least once a month to see if it needs cleaning and it never did it was running cooler after i updated graphics driver before i did a full cleaning

11 hours ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

it was pretty clean even when i opened it ,the fans im currently working on replacing still need to order them i check my pc at least once a month to see if it needs cleaning and it never did it was running cooler after i updated graphics driver before i did a full cleaning

What driver revision are you currently running? And what games are you noticing the GPU is running cooler? Did you have a fan profile configured previously, and if so, is it still running with that profile? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What driver revision are you currently running? And what games are you noticing the GPU is running cooler? Did you have a fan profile configured previously, and if so, is it still running with that profile? 

driver vers 551.52 never had a fan curve set an ive noticed it on every game i play ,rust ,dayz ,escape from tarkov ,predator hunting grounds ,ark ascended everything an just so everyone else knows ,i have never overclocked as i dont know how to ,this is my first pc ever ive built myself an the second one ive ever owned my first gaming pc was a prebuilt i can also hop in a discord call if needed to explain things easier an maybe i can share screen so yall can see an tell me what to check ect

1 hour ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

driver vers 551.52 never had a fan curve set an ive noticed it on every game i play ,rust ,dayz ,escape from tarkov ,predator hunting grounds ,ark ascended everything an just so everyone else knows ,i have never overclocked as i dont know how to ,this is my first pc ever ive built myself an the second one ive ever owned my first gaming pc was a prebuilt i can also hop in a discord call if needed to explain things easier an maybe i can share screen so yall can see an tell me what to check ect

What driver version did you have previously? What temperature was the GPU at prior typically? Did the conditions of the room change at all?

7 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What driver version did you have previously? What temperature was the GPU at prior typically? Did the conditions of the room change at all?

forget which driver version an normally itd get up to 80c an no the conditions havent changed