4060 Ti 16GB vs Intel Arc A770 16GB for AI/ML workloads (Keras)? Price to performance...

Sushant Shah

I haven't used anyone of them and this is the first time I am building a PC for myself. I am a hobbyist and freelancer and would love advice on this. I am willing to wait for updates with the Intel extensions for tensorflow, as it is much cheaper and I will actually need the machine only about half a year later. Anyone who could help me make the decision?聽

There is a severe lack of ML benchmark resources. (Just hinting a video request incase any member of the LTT team sees this 馃挋)

If you know what you're doing, and will keep yourself solely to using tensorflow and pytorch, then you can go by with an A770, and it actually manages to provide nice results. Take a look at this blog series:

https://christianjmills.com/series/notes/arc-a770-testing.html

However, I'd still recommend going with nvidia for the sake of out of the box compatibility. A used 3090 is a great option too, if you can afford it in your region.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I am still a student so my budget is a bit low. 4060Ti is the most I can afford. Also I am a tinkerer and am willing to work to get things working. Thanks!聽