Swapping out the stock TR Frozen Notte 360 fans with Super Flower Megacool - Best tests to run?

RevGAM
13 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

BTW, I checked with WelshyTech on YT. He's got the PA, PS, FC and FS, and he agreed that the FS is the best of them. 馃槈 馃槷

Got an AIO now, those puny coolers mean nothing to me atm 馃檪

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

17 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

I wonder how much the FS would benefit from the FC's fans then?聽馃

I guess it depends on the difference in AF and SP?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀

9 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Got an AIO now, those puny coolers mean nothing to me atm 馃檪

What? Are you a convert?? 馃槈 馃ぃ

In that case, the Magic V2 Scenic is supposed to be better than the Notte.

Edited by RevGAM

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

10 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I guess it depends on the difference in AF and SP?

Yeah, the FCs fans are a direct and quite significant upgrade to both AF and SP from the FS, im curious though if the fans are a limiting factor or notas the FS is apparently the better cooler, with less heatpipes and worse fans, the only thing its "better" (i cant think of a better word off the top of my head hence the quotation marks) in, is either heatpipe placement or fin density

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽FC140聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 FS140

image.png.d31943418db2bf5bf404ed18355de12f.png

System specs:

CPU:聽Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage:聽2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List:聽https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

3 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Yeah, the FCs fans are a direct and quite significant upgrade to both AF and SP from the FS, im curious though if the fans are a limiting factor as the FS is apparently the better cooler, with less heatpipes and worse fans, the only thing its "better" in is either heatpipe placement or fin density

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽FC140聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 FS140

Sounds about right to me.

15 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Yeah, the FCs fans are a direct and quite significant upgrade to both AF and SP from the FS, im curious though if the fans are a limiting factor or notas the FS is apparently the better cooler, with less heatpipes and worse fans, the only thing its "better" (i cant think of a better word off the top of my head hence the quotation marks) in, is either heatpipe placement or fin density

cpu cooling with a tower cooler works when the heat pipe lands aross the cores and not between it. so some coolers might workd better then others depends on were the cores are. heanch the off set brackets.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

cpu cooling with a tower cooler works when the heat pipe lands aross the cores and not between it. so some coolers might workd better then others depends on were the cores are. heanch the off set brackets.

I think even with offset bracket or not in both cases FS wins and i think it wins for intel too? I could be wrong though, i havent looked at charts for the 2 coolers in a while

System specs:

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

What? Are you a convert?? 馃槈 馃ぃ

In that case, the Magic V2 Scenic is supposed to be better than the Notte.

Lol no it鈥檚 not my first time.. but I have been delaying my custom loop long enough, that will be my next stop. Although air has gotten really good over the last little bit. I should almost slap my Le Grand Macho RT or True Spirit 140 Power on for giggles. Been awhile.

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

Lol no it鈥檚 not my first time.. but I have been delaying my custom loop long enough, that will be my next stop. Although air has gotten really good over the last little bit. I should almost slap my Le Grand Macho RT or True Spirit 140 Power on for giggles. Been awhile.

Almost sounds like a costume. 馃槈

I recall you mentioning a debacle with a Corsair AIO...?

Have you ever tried the CM MA824 Stealth?

52 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I recall you mentioning a debacle with a Corsair AIO...?

Not really a debacle. I ran an overclocked X5690ES, So a 300w CPU is not new to me 馃槃

But I used to run F@H on it and my GPU's. Anyways, I got roughly 14-16 months of really good performance out of it, and then it started to taper off. After 3 years I was back at stock volts, and stock clocks. Booo. I gave the cooler to my brother, and his 7700K would throttle with it in game. Pretty sucky. But on top of the permeation, the pump sounded like a midget with a rattlecan inside of my case everyday 24/7.

56 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Have you ever tried the CM MA824 Stealth?

Nope.

57 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Almost sounds like a costume. 馃槈

Badass coolers back in the day.. Thermalright has always made good stuff.

8 hours ago, freeagent said:

Not really a debacle. I ran an overclocked X5690ES, So a 300w CPU is not new to me

What would be the best way for me to overclock my CPU then?

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If voltage is stock then you should have some headroom anyway, so just up the multiplier of the P cores to say 52x from 50x and e cores to either 39x or 40x from 38x? (i havent actually overclocked anything with E cores so not entirely sure if this is the best course of action, last intel i OC'd was a 10600K, havent OC'd a processor since, damn X3D cache, i want a 5.3GHz 7800X3D)

System specs:

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I am not running modern Intel right now, so I cannot help you unfortunately.

7 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

If voltage is stock then you should have some headroom anyway, so just up the multiplier of the P cores to say 52x from 50x and e cores to either 39x or 40x from 38x? (i havent actually overclocked anything with E cores so not entirely sure if this is the best course of action, last intel i OC'd was a 10600K, havent OC'd a processor since, damn X3D cache, i want a 5.3GHz 7800X3D)

Hmmm....I messed around with the cores and the voltage, and my heat went up and my avg effective clock went down, although the Intel XTU Benchmark was somewhat better.

I just put the BIOS back to defaults for this stuff, then used XTU to increase the E-cores (auto doesn't work, and XTU won't let me touch the P-cores and most other things). P-cores are at 49/50 and E-cores are at 38, which is the most it'll allow. My score's better but it isn't running hotter than yesterday this way, nor has it increased the performance. So, I don't know what to do to get more performance and heat out of it.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Hmmm....I messed around with the cores and the voltage, and my heat went up and my avg effective clock went down, although the Intel XTU Benchmark was somewhat better.

Huh strange, did you increase or decrease voltage?

System specs:

5 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Huh strange, did you increase or decrease voltage?

I increased the voltage and the cores. That's what made it hotter and performed worse.

Now, I just increased the E-cores and didn't fiddle with the voltage. And I'm using XMP, of course.