How to get MultiMC on Fedora?(Nobara)

Go to solution Solved by Nayr438,

Yes. Iirc its the MultiMC script in the main directory.

If it doesn't run out of the box then you need to mark it as executable. If the file manager doesn't have the option somewhere then you can run "chmod +x ./MultiMC" in the terminal in that Dir.

Im on Nobara Linux KDE edition. I want to play Minecraft with MultiMC but their site only provides three download options: Deb, ARCH, and Binary tarball. How do I go about downloading MultiMC? Any help would be appreciated!

There is no multiMC on fedora but there is a fork of it called polyMC which can be installed through flathub.

34 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

There is no multiMC on fedora but there is a fork of it called polyMC which can be installed through flathub.

Didnt the owner of PolyMC betray the team and leak the code and expose minecraft accounts or something? Is PolyMC's performance slower than that of multimc? Is it worth switching to Nobara if MultiMC natively doesnt run? Should I just stick with Kubuntu then? Please advice

6 hours ago, Vecna said:

Didnt the owner of PolyMC betray the team and leak the code and expose minecraft accounts or something? Is PolyMC's performance slower than that of multimc

They are just launchers, they have no impact on performance.
Also these launchers are open-source, so there is nothing to leak.
With that I said I personally use Prism Launcher and it's what I am going to recommend, It's another fork of MultiMC and has multiple ways to obtain it for any Distro.

If you still want to use MultiMC, you can just download the 64-bit binary tarball, extract it, and just run it from the folder.

26 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

They are just launchers, they have no impact on performance.
Also these launchers are open-source, so there is nothing to leak.
With that I said I personally use Prism Launcher and it's what I am going to recommend, It's another fork of MultiMC and has multiple ways to obtain it for any Distro.

If you still want to use MultiMC, you can just download the 64-bit binary tarball, extract it, and just run it from the folder.

We can do that?! Wow okay thanks a lot. I extracted it and got a load of files. Which one should I run? The file inside /bin or "MultiMC" in the main directory?

If it doesn't run out of the box then you need to mark it as executable. If the file manager doesn't have the option somewhere then you can run "chmod +x ./MultiMC" in the terminal in that Dir.

1 hour ago, Nayr438 said:

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!