My monitor not being able to run 10-bit colour depth

AnejN

Hello,

I've recently bought a gaming monitor KOORUI GN10. I can't seem to turn the colour depth from 8-bit to 10-bit. I mean, I can but then the screen goes black and after a few seconds it goes back to 8-bit. I've tried looking for monitor drivers but no luck. My AMD drivers are all also up to date. I don't know what to do and I would appreciate any help.

The only thing suggesting 10-bit support on this monitor is the HDR1000 spec, but given that it can't achieve that cert with the 350 nit brightness spec they're probably just lying about it (HDR100 requires 600 nit full screen long-term) and it doesn't actually support 10-bit either...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Shimejii said:

What GPU do you have? HDMI or DP?

I have a 7900XTX and itd Display port 

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

The only thing suggesting 10-bit support on this monitor is the HDR1000 spec, but given that it can't achieve that cert with the 350 nit brightness spec they're probably just lying about it (HDR100 requires 600 nit full screen long-term) and it doesn't actually support 10-bit either...

Oh idk why then in AMD adrenalin it gives me even the option to do that

3 hours ago, AnejN said:

Oh idk why then in AMD adrenalin it gives me even the option to do that

Because it likely doesn't know what the monitor supports (guessing that the monitor shows up as generic PnP) so it will give you all of the options.