lian Li's galahad II Trinity or Arctic Freezer II 240

Oufkiz

Hello! 

I was wondering which of these two AIOs is better. I was first considering getting the Arctic Cooler but i also saw that Lian Li cooler and some people said its better. Thanks in advance!

Near as makes no difference, ultimately. What are you you're cooling. 

15 minutes ago, Oufkiz said:

Hello! 

I was wondering which of these two AIOs is better. I was first considering getting the Arctic Cooler but i also saw that Lian Li cooler and some people said its better. Thanks in advance!

neither. the LF3

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

The new version of the Arctic freezer. The Arctic Freezer III.

People never go out of business.

2 hours ago, Oufkiz said:

Hello! 

Can't answer the question because you haven't told us about your computer. All I can say is that the LF3 is better than the LF2 and, if you've got an AMD CPU, it's designed specifically for AMD (although you can also use it with Intel), but they cheaped out on the fans by using the P12 PWM PST instead of the P12 Max. If you're sensitive to noise, the LF2/3 is better. If you want performance, the LL Galahad 2 Trinity Performance is one of the best, along with several others that outperform the LFs.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

7 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Can't answer the question because you haven't told us about your computer. All I can say is that the LF3 is better than the LF2 and, if you've got an AMD CPU, it's designed specifically for AMD (although you can also use it with Intel), but they cheaped out on the fans by using the P12 PWM PST instead of the P12 Max. If you're sensitive to noise, the LF2/3 is better. If you want performance, the LL Galahad 2 Trinity Performance is one of the best, along with several others that outperform the LFs.

Yeah, my bad.

CPU: I5 12600K

OLD COOLER: AURAFLOW 240 EVO

CASE: DEEPCOOL MCUBE 110

29 minutes ago, Oufkiz said:

Yeah, my bad.

CPU: I5 12600K

OLD COOLER: AURAFLOW 240 EVO

CASE: DEEPCOOL MCUBE 110

You don’t need an AIO. Get a thermal right phantom spirit 120 SE and if you want an AIO for aesthetics, I quite like the look of the LF3 240 ARGB

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

That's a pretty cool CPU, so you don't need an AIO like @filpo said. My son has it and cools it with the bq! Pure Rock Slim 2. Basically, any of a wide number of coolers will work, including the aforementioned PS120. You don't need to spend much, either.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

An AIO on a 5600X is a waste like everyone said. Even pushing a static clock at its max speed does not need an AIO..

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

That's a pretty cool CPU, so you don't need an AIO like @filpo said. My son has it and cools it with the bq! Pure Rock Slim 2. Basically, any of a wide number of coolers will work, including the aforementioned PS120. You don't need to spend much, either.

Great advice. Thanks to everyone that helped me