RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I really think this was a mistake for AMD to do this. This price cut was already happening - I've seen RX 7700XT cards available for $420 before. But it doesn't actually put the card where it needs to be to really make sense, so it just leaves consumers still frustrated by its price. There's no improvement in brand perception from a value perspective if you "drop" the price to the level it was already at.

$420 basically puts the RX 7700XT at price/performance parity with the 7800XT. Which is certainly a better state of affairs than what it launched with, but it's not good enough. The 7800XT comes with 4GB of additional VRAM. To have the 7700XT really be at equivalent value, it should really be just $400.

And we know this not just from a gut feeling, but because of the RX 6800, which has been at or below $400 while offering the same amount of performance for a few months now. Clearly, $400 is the price that consumers are willing to pay where supply and demand are in balance - otherwise, the price of the RX 6800 would be more volatile.

The RX 6800 non-XT is available right now at $400, also with 4GB more VRAM. All you're giving up with the RX 6800 is AV1 encoding and a bit of power efficiency, in exchange, you get more VRAM and it costs $20 less. To me, at best, the AV1 and power efficiency is worth giving up the 4GB of VRAM or worth spending $20 more, but not both. The card needs to be $400.

Nothing against your post - $420 is as good as I've seen for the 7700XT. I'm just saying that AMD is again making poor marketing decisions with this move.

21 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I really think this was a mistake for AMD to do this. This price cut was already happening - I've seen RX 7700XT cards available for $420 before. But it doesn't actually put the card where it needs to be to really make sense, so it just leaves consumers still frustrated by its price. There's no improvement in brand perception from a value perspective if you "drop" the price to the level it was already at.

$420 basically puts the RX 7700XT at price/performance parity with the 7800XT. Which is certainly a better state of affairs than what it launched with, but it's not good enough. The 7800XT comes with 4GB of additional VRAM. To have the 7700XT really be at equivalent value, it should really be just $400.

And we know this not just from a gut feeling, but because of the RX 6800, which has been at or below $400 while offering the same amount of performance for a few months now. Clearly, $400 is the price that consumers are willing to pay where supply and demand are in balance - otherwise, the price of the RX 6800 would be more volatile.

The RX 6800 non-XT is available right now at $400, also with 4GB more VRAM. All you're giving up with the RX 6800 is AV1 encoding and a bit of power efficiency, in exchange, you get more VRAM and it costs $20 less. To me, at best, the AV1 and power efficiency is worth giving up the 4GB of VRAM or worth spending $20 more, but not both. The card needs to be $400.

Nothing against your post - $420 is as good as I've seen for the 7700XT. I'm just saying that AMD is again making poor marketing decisions with this move.

At least theses prices make more sense than used AMD gpu's, why is the used 6700xt almost the same price as a new one.

The price is quite nice but I feel like amds own rx 6800 is still too dominant in that bracket. The extra vram is often a deciding factor in picking it over a 7700xt even if same price

13 minutes ago, King Minor said:

At least theses prices make more sense than used AMD gpu's, why is the used 6700xt almost the same price as a new one.

AMD has no control over pricing on the used market. The reason the 6700XT is priced so close is because, for some reason, people are willing to pay that price.

The used market is basically completely controlled by supply and demand - there is no top-down mechanism to determine what the pricing for graphics cards are on eBay or Facebook Marketplace. And it can take months for the prices of products on the new market to influence prices on the used market.

If it is due to more than simple ignorance on the part of the buyers, it could be that stock of the 6700XT new is drying up. There's just one model available for $330 right now in the US. The next 6700XT new is listed for $500. There are a couple 6750XT cards for $360, but it's not much faster than the 6700XT.

I really hope AMD drops the price on the 7700XT or 7600XT further if the 6700XT/6750XT goes away, because while the 7600XT has more VRAM, it's actually slower than the 6700XT by about 10-15%, so isn't a true replacement at $330.