need help fixing my side panel

dreamcast4599
Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
1 minute ago, dreamcast4599 said:

So I got my computer up and running but one of the metal bracket that holds the side panel in place came loose without using welding or soldering because I don’t have a soldering iron or a welder looking at the pictures below what’s the best way to glue it back together so it’s sturdy enough to be able to close the case Sorry those are the best photos I could take im wondering if this will work along with some claps to help it cure properly https://www.harborfreight.com/gorilla-glue-precision-glue-pen-with-fast-cure-97330.html

i dont have any tools for solder brazing welding etc

Two part epoxy would hold well enough.

So I got my computer up and running but one of the metal bracket that holds the side panel in place came loose without using welding or soldering because I don’t have a soldering iron or a welder looking at the pictures below what’s the best way to glue it back together so it’s sturdy enough to be able to close the case Sorry those are the best photos I could take im wondering if this will work along with some claps to help it cure properly https://www.harborfreight.com/gorilla-glue-precision-glue-pen-with-fast-cure-97330.html

i dont have any tools for solder brazing welding etc   quick edit i have never used epoxy before and im not sure if i would feel comfy using it

429099027_304785372257064_3674031991196998622_n.jpg

429772657_368441012751670_7559248149145000553_n.jpg

i dont have any tools for solder brazing welding etc

Two part epoxy would hold well enough.

@Blue4130 i have never used epoxy plus i have severe asthma and idk if i feel comfy using epoxy got any other suggestions

30 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Blue4130 i have never used epoxy plus i have severe asthma and idk if i feel comfy using epoxy got any other suggestions

It's epoxy, not cat dander, should have no effect on asthma. Squirt the tube and mix it up. It's not dangerous or difficult.

Super glue isn't that strong. A 2 part epoxy really is a good solution to this. 

Most 2 part epoxies don't have much of a smell in my opinion. If you are sensitive to odors, you could always have a small fan blowing the smell away from you. 

55 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@OhioYJ what about gorilla glue epoxy?

If you prefer to pay for a brand name, sure. It's just a standard two part epoxy, same as any other.

@Blue4130 since i have never used epoxy before is there anything i should know so i dont go into the situation blind? i.e. cure time application method etc

@Blue4130 since i have never used epoxy before is there anything i should know so i dont go into the situation blind? i.e. cure time application method etc

Just make sure that you mix it well. Use a popcicle stick or something like that. Mix it on a piece of cardboard or something else that you can just throw away. Epoxy comes in two types generally. 5 minute and multihour. If you use the 5 minute, you will start to feel it harden if you wait too long. But it really isn't difficult to use. Just mix and apply. Be careful where you apply it. Once it hardens, it is a pain to clean, like any glue.