Apple Watch questions

Donut417

Been thinking about getting an Apple watch. Not sure which one, between the SE and the Series 9. Im looking to track some exercise and health related things as well as sleep. Plus I could use a watch. Plan on the non cellular version.

Few questions I have.

1) How long does it take to charge? For example I have a few USB ports in my car and it takes about 25 min for me to get to work, would that be enough time?

2)Also whats the typical battery life look like?

3) Any case suggestions? I work in a warehouse so I need it to be a bit protected.

4) What kind of bands do people suggests?

5) Is this an item I should get Apple care for? OR will a case be enough?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1. I usually just charge mine at night with my phone - but 30 minutes will be enough to handle the day
  2. My SE bettery is about 2 days if I don't charge, 5 days if I just leave it disconnected and sitting on my nightstand - but I do charge it every night.
  3. I rawdog, sorry lol
  4. I like Apple's sport bands, they're super easy to clean. For dressier moments I grabbed a leather one off amazon.
  5. I'd say its worth the apple care, especially if you're doing labour.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Not the answer to your questions, but wouldn't a garmin watch be better? Some of them are quite a bit tougher than the apple watch, but it all depends on what you need it to do

2 hours ago, MiszS said:

Not the answer to your questions, but wouldn't a garmin watch be better? Some of them are quite a bit tougher than the apple watch, but it all depends on what you need it to do

Never thought about Garmin. Im staying the hell away from Fitbit. My mom bitches about some of the things they took away and put behind a paywall. Plus she's had issues off and on.

But I do have a iPhone and Macbook Pro, which is why I was looking at the Apple Watch as Im already in the ecosystem. Plus when I start walking and getting Exercise Ill probably want to listen to music on my travels and I know the Apple watch can control the functions of music play back. Not to mention I do use Apple Pay. I just know that Apple devices meld well together and the expirecne is generally great, where as my mom has a Charge 5 and has issues with it.

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

usually just charge mine at night with my phone - but 30 minutes will be enough to handle the day

I want the sleep tracking. I could charge it before I leave for work. I generally wake a decent time before I have to be there.

According to my sister the SE and the Series 9 are about the same. So I may go with the SE.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

According to my sister the SE and the Series 9 are about the same. So I may go with the SE.

I had the same dilemma - didn't find the price jump worth it at all for the features.

If you want to be very particular with the sleep tracking, series 9 will likely be the way to go- SE will do the same but just won't be as detailed.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P