Mouse sensitivity

OhYou_

who is the default mouse sensitivity for in games?
like seriously
every game i have to go through the settings and turn it up to literally 3x.
Like I HAVE a gaming mouse and even that came by default on the second slowest dpi setting and I had to immediately set it to max

Like in most games on default settings, if I wanted to sweep 180, I would have to buy a second desk for the mouse travel.
why
whats the point of moving the mouse further than 5cm

59 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

who is the default mouse sensitivity for in games?
like seriously
every game i have to go through the settings and turn it up to literally 3x.
Like I HAVE a gaming mouse and even that came by default on the second slowest dpi setting and I had to immediately set it to max

Like in most games on default settings, if I wanted to sweep 180, I would have to buy a second desk for the mouse travel.
why

tl;dr : For whoever comfortable with it. Those not in the particular spectrum gets to fine tune, but then again it's just something that needs to be set once and forget.

IMO, Kinda like parking a car or getting it out of garage.

Some people can go ham on the gas right off the bat and turn / stop at the right time at perfect distance, some people can only do it slow but steady, some other do a move-stop jiggle.

Although with enough training & time, most likely each group can do what the other groups can.

Those who utilize low sensitivity sometimes uses lift and reset "technique" when they have to move the pointer far.

For me myself, it depends on the game / software I'm doing at that moment.

the DPI button on the mouse is just a simple way for me to switch to lower DPI when I need it, usually when I need more precision than speed. Beats going through settings twice for just a temporary moment.

Hence why on some mice targeted for FPS gamers, there's a On-Push-Only DPI switch button somewhere naturally accessible, a "sniper" button.

IIRC these special buttons have 2 types, one that switch instantly, and one that rapidly decrease the DPI to target level.

image.png.19e4806a0a3e1e5cfe55738875cd37ce.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

49 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

Much higher accuracy with small movements on lower sensitivity, everyone has different preference.

Also the "default" in games is based on your mouse DPI and Windows settings unless it's using "raw" movements so it will vary drastically based on what you've set.

I also prefer to do smaller movements with just my wrists instead of using elbow and I have the exact opposite issue, I need to actually lower the sensitivity in most games. I use 1900 DPI for desktop by default, mouse smoothing in Windows disabled.

5 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

skill issue

In a way, yes.

But that saying in this particular matter can go both ways.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

The one game comes with as default? You turn up? Can't remember every game default but I usually have to lower in game sens because cam spins with blow on a mouse. Using 1600dpi. Don't know what mouse you have, but setting max dpi like what.. if it seems so slow maybe that mouse doesn't have high dpi, seems odd to me this case of yours.

Point of having lower sens is to be precise in aiming mainly. Another thing is using mouse on desktop. Use on desktop what works and adjust in game for that game, simple.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |