Gta 5 lag after 20 minutes of playtime

Meglitch

Hey guys! I need help. So yesterday my friend and me wanted to play some gta, but after 10-20 minutes my game started stuttering and fps dropping. Ive noticed this with other games too (for example unturned). I dont belive that the issue is the components since i used to run those games easily on high to medium settings without stutters.Any help or advice what to do? Ive already searched the internet and did the stuff like it told to, i lowered the graphics but the issue is still here. I even tried to switched to 720p but it got worse. I tried cleaning my pc and the lag is now worse and it happens more times.

My specs are:
Radeon rx 580 2048SP
Intel xeon e5-2666 v3 2.9 ghz
16 gb of ram

1. Lag refers to internet connection or speed issues.

2. Did you check your temperatures using HWINFO64? What about checking your cpu, gpu, and ram usage when these issues are happening?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

14 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

1. Lag refers to internet connection or speed issues.

2. Did you check your temperatures using HWINFO64? What about checking your cpu, gpu, and ram usage when these issues are happening?

My temperatures are normal the ram and cpu usage only spike up while the lag is happening 

37 minutes ago, Meglitch said:

Hey guys! I need help. So yesterday my friend and me wanted to play some gta, but after 10-20 minutes my game started stuttering and fps dropping. Ive noticed this with other games too (for example unturned). I dont belive that the issue is the components since i used to run those games easily on high to medium settings without stutters.Any help or advice what to do? Ive already searched the internet and did the stuff like it told to, i lowered the graphics but the issue is still here. I even tried to switched to 720p but it got worse. I tried cleaning my pc and the lag is now worse and it happens more times.

My specs are:
Radeon rx 580 2048SP
Intel xeon e5-2666 v3 2.9 ghz
16 gb of ram

Run a full scan of your system using a reliable antivirus program to ensure that no malware is causing the performance issues. In some cases, game files can become corrupt, causing performance issues. Try reinstalling the affected games to see if that resolves the stuttering.

Perform a clean boot of Windows to disable all non-essential startup programs and services. This can help you determine if any third-party software is causing the stuttering. If the problem disappears in a clean boot, you can enable startup items one by one to find the culprit.

If that doesn't help trying using another seperate drive and install windows on it and try the games again, if it doesn't stutters then your storage drive is dying perhaps. if it still stutters it might be your gpu try under clocking it and see it it would make any difference (use msi afterburner or the Radeon software).

*It can either be your psu not giving enough power to the pc or gpu as it gets underload.

How many watts psu do you use

*your storage can also be, check its health.

*your gpu might be the thing.

2 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Run a full scan of your system using a reliable antivirus program to ensure that no malware is causing the performance issues. In some cases, game files can become corrupt, causing performance issues. Try reinstalling the affected games to see if that resolves the stuttering.

Perform a clean boot of Windows to disable all non-essential startup programs and services. This can help you determine if any third-party software is causing the stuttering. If the problem disappears in a clean boot, you can enable startup items one by one to find the culprit.

If that doesn't help trying using another seperate drive and install windows on it and try the games again, if it doesn't stutters then your storage drive is dying perhaps. if it still stutters it might be your gpu try under clocking it and see it it would make any difference.

I will try

2 minutes ago, Meglitch said:

I will try

*It can either be your psu not giving enough power to the pc or gpu as it gets underload.

-How many watts psu do you use

*your gpu might be the thing, perhaps it's struggling.

Also try doing benchmarks and monitor your power using msi afterburner graph to see if you can notice any spike or stutter on the power, monitor the gpu as well.

Take your time and hope its a small issue.

6 hours ago, Blazepoint5 said:

-How many watts psu do you use

*your gpu might be the thing, perhaps it's struggling.

Also try doing benchmarks and monitor your power using msi afterburner graph to see if you can notice any spike or stutter on the power, monitor the gpu as well.

Take your time and hope its a small issue.

Sorry for a late response i was not home just wanted to tell that this didint fix the issue. I will still try to reinstall the game. Thank you for your time

sounds like temps and or vram. try lowering textures in game and texture filtering in nvidia control panel and use hwinfo to see your max temps. I get the same issues when I use maxed settings in nvidia control panel or my computer is overheating.