Home Network Setup

I am trying to set up a mesh network in my 2600 sq ft home, my internet provider is AT&T Fiber. I bought a TP-Link TL-SG1005P POE+ switch & 2 TP-Link Deco AX3000. I plan to use the AT&T-provided router (later switch to TP-Link ER605) to connect it to the switch and use both Decos as APs connected to the switch. Since this would be a wired backhaul (read topology does not matter in wired), I expect full wifi bandwidths from the APs (500 Mbps in 2.4 and 2400 Mbps in 5). I do not know anything about networking so any input on this setup or feedback is appreciated.

Note:

• The house has Cat 6 cable routed to the mounting points.
  • The Decos would be ceiling-mounted.
  • I will be subscribing to the 300 Mbps plan and might move to 500 Mbps if the need arises.
  • The TV and PlayStation will be wired connections, and have a wireless surround system (will not be wired)
  • Will have smart switches, light bulbs, smart appliances.

Thank you for your suggestions

15 minutes ago, PrathPSV said:

AT&T-provided router (later switch to TP-Link ER605)

Bear in mind that you have to put the AT&T provide gateway in to IP pass thru mode, AT&T requires customers use the gateway device it is also your ONT. IP pass thru will by pass the router functions on the device. Then you connect the ER605 to that and it should recive your internet IP.

16 minutes ago, PrathPSV said:

I expect full wifi bandwidths

Dont. WIFi never lives up to its full advertised speeds. Many times speeds are limited by the devices connecting due to antenna designs or the amount of antennas the device has. There are also tons of things that just interfere with WiFi. That being said, being mounted to the ceiling will do a lot to spread the signal and you should probably get decent speeds.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Bear in mind that you have to put the AT&T provide gateway in to IP pass thru mode, AT&T requires customers use the gateway device it is also your ONT. IP pass thru will by pass the router functions on the device. Then you connect the ER605 to that and it should recive your internet IP.

Dont. WIFi never lives up to its full advertised speeds. Many times speeds are limited by the devices connecting due to antenna designs or the amount of antennas the device has. There are also tons of things that just interfere with WiFi. That being said, being mounted to the ceiling will do a lot to spread the signal and you should probably get decent speeds.

Thank you. Would the ER605 be sufficient after AT&T gateway in IP pass through or would i require a controller?

9 hours ago, PrathPSV said:

Thank you. Would the ER605 be sufficient after AT&T gateway in IP pass through or would i require a controller?

That I can’t answer, I tend to use more consumer based solutions and the ER605 seems a bit more geared to business and higher end users. The big thing to look for is how fast the router can do NAT as that will be how fast of internet the router can handle. TP Link may or may not have published those stats. But you’re looking for the WAN to LAN and the LAN to WAN throughputs. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.