CPU and Dram leds are on and comeputer won’t post.

Fankywanky
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

It's not a bad idea. I don't like doing part recommendations, only because I don't want any responsibility.

This is an new computer that I have been building for the past 2 years please help.

IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Fankywanky said:

This is an new computer that I have been building for the past 2 years please help.

IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

Computer specs please so we know what CPU, board model/chipset and so on it has.

If it's a Ryzen based build, I did note you're running Corsair RAM, that could be the problem since Corsair RAM and Ryzen in general don't like each other too well at all.
It's a long running issue between the two, well documented over time.

Since your thread title says the CPU and RAM LED's are staying lit, I woudn't be suprised if that's the problem here.

BTW, Corsair RAM does well with Intel stuff so it's not like Corsair RAM is bad in general, it's just for some reason it doesn't pair well with Ryzen based setups, most likely it's an imcompatability problem between the two.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Then there's some issue with the CPU and/or RAM part of the post procedure. Absolute first thing to try to do would be to use only a single RAM stick in case one was faulty. 

Also, what are the system specs? There might be something in there that would indicate what needs to be done. 

4 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

If it's a Ryzen based build, I did note you're running Corsair RAM, that could be the problem since Corsair RAM and Ryzen in general don't like each other too well at all.
It's a long running issue between the two, well documented over time.

For 3000 series or older perhaps, but had no issues at all on 5000 and the store I bought from uses Corsair in all their pre-builts.  I've never once had a problem with Corsair RAM period!

Gaming 64GB (R7 7800X3D):
2x Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR5-6000 CL30-36-36-76

Upscaler 64GB (R9 5950X):
2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Foldbox (R5 5600):
2x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4-3200

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I already trued the one stick, and the specs are Samsung 980 pro 2tb, 64 gigs ddr5 6000mt/s, ryzen 5 7600x, Msi 1000w psu rated 80+ gold mother board is Msi mag tomahawk b650. If I missed something tell me 🙏 please.

5 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

For 3000 series or older perhaps, but had no issues at all on 5000 and the store I bought from uses Corsair in all their pre-builts.  I've never once had a problem with Corsair RAM period!

Gaming 64GB (R7 7800X3D):
2x Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR5-6000 CL30-36-36-76

Upscaler 64GB (R9 5950X):
2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Foldbox (R5 5600):
2x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4-3200

Just because you, as in you alone hasn't had a problem doesn't mean it's not his problem.

Yes, you are correct in that many have reported the same as you're saying now and that's fine but if you do some digging, you'll find it's a problem that has been as said - Numerous cases of it being just that and it's well documented over time too - That's why I said it.

Note I didn't tell the OP to dump their sticks, only that from what I've seen over time and knowing that as being a real "Thing" between the two, I woudn't doubt it being the cause of their problem.

The OP should test each stick separately in each RAM slot as indicated in an earlier post to be sure that part of testing is covered and go from there.
If it's a truly bad stick and nothing else, they'll find it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

3 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Numerous cases of it being just that and it's well documented over time too - That's why I said it.

You'll find "numerous cases" of everything having issues, its the nature of tech.

I will say though, is it EXPO RAM as I specifically paid extra to avoid issues that do indeed exist when trying to use XMP RAM.  Its why EXPO RAM exists in the first place to avoid this issue as the timings for Intel may not place nice with Ryzen.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

26 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You'll find "numerous cases" of everything having issues, its the nature of tech.

I will say though, is it EXPO RAM as I specifically paid extra to avoid issues that do indeed exist when trying to use XMP RAM.  Its why EXPO RAM exists in the first place to avoid this issue as the timings for Intel may not place nice with Ryzen.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, and yes I'm WELL aware of the nature of tech itself.
However the issue I describe goes beyond the expected norm you'd normally have, even with the nature of tech considered.

Let's wait and see what the OP comes up with and go from there.
If the OP has a different set of sticks to use (Corsair or whatever's available) or can borrow a different branded set such as G. Skill or some other brand, that may reveal what's going on here.

I tried both sticks each in all the slots but still no good, I also don’t have extra sticks to try instead what next?

Remove the CPU, carefully check the socket pins for any signs of trouble (bent/broken pins) and reinstall it if all looks OK.

BTW, you did test the sticks individually right?
All it takes is just one bad stick to cause all of this to happen.

Yea the leds didnt change and there were no bent or broken pins.

1 hour ago, Fankywanky said:

I already trued the one stick, and the specs are Samsung 980 pro 2tb, 64 gigs ddr5 6000mt/s, ryzen 5 7600x, Msi 1000w psu rated 80+ gold mother board is Msi mag tomahawk b650. If I missed something tell me 🙏 please.

Which specific kit of Corsair 2x 32GB 6000Mt/s? There's a possibility it's not on the QVL for the board and causing issues. Not enough people check the QVL... Also, I can't tell if you have a display connected. I just helped assemble a new workstation for a lab at my work today and without a monitor connected it refused to POST and enabled the same LEDs (note, this was a B550 ASRock board, so not the same board).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

19 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Which specific kit of Corsair 2x 32GB 6000Mt/s? There's a possibility it's not on the QVL for the board and causing issues. Not enough people check the QVL... Also, I can't tell if you have a display connected. I just helped assemble a new workstation for a lab at my work today and without a monitor connected it refused to POST and enabled the same LEDs (note, this was a B550 ASRock board, so not the same board).

I had a Alienware monitor connected with hdmi port.

1 hour ago, Fankywanky said:

IMG_1446.png

Yeah, not on the QVL so that could be part of the issue.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

2 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Yeah, not on the QVL so that could be part of the issue.

what ram would you recommend for like 150$?

It's not a bad idea. I don't like doing part recommendations, only because I don't want any responsibility.

If I replaced the ram and cpu do you tiphink it would solve the issue or no?

I think I figured out what happened, I had taken out the ram befor the lights had turned on and that shorted the ram and cpu.