RX590 VS RX6600? Advice needed.

Hey All! 
I recently got a RX 590 Fatboy to replace my old 1050ti. However, the card is just a bit too big for my setup and has some serious heating issues. I was thinking about going with the GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE, since it draws a lot less power and is a triple fan unit, to add with that cooling. I am really trying to avoid a complete rebuild, so I am just looking for a mid table card that would fit within my current build. Any advice helps!!

My current setup is 
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU - RX 590 Fatboy
Ram - 16GB Vengeance

PSU - EVGA 550 B3

RX6600's are solid, I've got a little two fan model in my secondary system. Amazing what it can do at even 1440p with FSR. 

The RX 6600 is even faster than the RX 590 while consuming a lot less power. It seems like a good replacement for your GTX 1050 Ti if you can get it at a reasonable price.

34 minutes ago, JinzoMT said:

Hey All! 
I recently got a RX 590 Fatboy to replace my old 1050ti. However, the card is just a bit too big for my setup and has some serious heating issues. I was thinking about going with the GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE, since it draws a lot less power and is a triple fan unit, to add with that cooling. I am really trying to avoid a complete rebuild, so I am just looking for a mid table card that would fit within my current build. Any advice helps!!

My current setup is 
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU - RX 590 Fatboy
Ram - 16GB Vengeance

PSU - EVGA 550 B3

32 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

RX6600's are solid, I've got a little two fan model in my secondary system. Amazing what it can do at even 1440p with FSR. 

RX 6600 is great, you can even think about using ray tracing.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

The RX 6600 is even faster than the RX 590 while consuming a lot less power. It seems like a good replacement for your GTX 1050 Ti if you can get it at a reasonable price.

I can get a new one off newegg for $200, or a dual fan refurb for $170, not sure which one is better. Since my issue with the fatboy was the overheating, do you think the triple fan will help?

I've got your basic 2-slot XFX model and I struggle to see how you would have overheating issues. The card is 100W out of the box, it doesn't take much to cool it as long as your case has sufficient airflow. 

Amazon.com: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 CORE Gaming Graphics Card  with 8GB GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP, AMD RDNA 2 RX-66XL8LFDQ : Electronics

9 minutes ago, JinzoMT said:

I can get a new one off newegg for $200, or a dual fan refurb for $170, not sure which one is better. Since my issue with the fatboy was the overheating, do you think the triple fan will help?

There's a lot of potential causes of overheating. Since the RX 590 is ancient at this point, it's possible that the card simply needs to be repasted to get the temps under control. Your case could also be a factor, as if it doesn't have enough ventilation or inadequate fans, then it could just be a hot box that's going to cause any card you throw in it to become hot.

As for triple or dual fan models, while generally triple fan models are able to be cooler, it's no guarantee. The quality of the heatsink also matters, and that's independent of the number of fans. But with how easy to cool the RX 6600 is, I wouldn't be concerned with either model.

58 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

There's a lot of potential causes of overheating. Since the RX 590 is ancient at this point, it's possible that the card simply needs to be repasted to get the temps under control. Your case could also be a factor, as if it doesn't have enough ventilation or inadequate fans, then it could just be a hot box that's going to cause any card you throw in it to become hot.

As for triple or dual fan models, while generally triple fan models are able to be cooler, it's no guarantee. The quality of the heatsink also matters, and that's independent of the number of fans. But with how easy to cool the RX 6600 is, I wouldn't be concerned with either model.

I only assumed it was the Fatboy because I have had my pc for many years and never had a issue with my 1050ti and overheating. I probably could repaste it, but honestly Id rather just upgrade to the 6600.

I have a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE and in just windows at 1440p the fans don't even start, then in WoT ultra settings the fans are all on and keeps the card cool enough. Bit noisy I find, but there's always the cost. I OC mine.

The 6600 is just like the Vega 64 I used to have far as game playing and speed, which was a bit slower than the Nvidea 2000 series but not so it mattered.

You can ray trace in Doom Eternal and Tomb Raider, just to see what it looks like, but I would play in Raster if I were you. Most games I play don't ray trace anyhow. 🙂

For your game Ray Tracing get the 4080 and 7900 XTX at a minimum at 1440p