Deepcool LS720 Noise

vishy92

Hey!

This is my first time using an AIO, but the pump whine is driving me crazy. Its running at 3100rpm out of the box. Is it safe to decrease? I use it with a 7800X3D.

Mounted on top with tubing to to the right of the cpu according to the manual. The case is Lian Li O11 Dynamic evo.

Is this normal behavior for an AIO? the pump is the loudest thing in my pc atm... With silent mode set in ASUS Fan software I idle between 50 to 55C while using Chrome with occasional spikes to 60.

Edit: 

This vid perfectly describes my issue. I wanted to go with a "silent" system, but compared to this abomination my Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler was dead silent

Edited by vishy92

Try lowering the pump speed until it gets to a tolerable volume, then do the most intense stuff you do to see if it keeps your CPU cool enough. If it does, great! If not, maybe you should contact DC.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

23 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Try lowering the pump speed until it gets to a tolerable volume, then do the most intense stuff you do to see if it keeps your CPU cool enough. If it does, great! If not, maybe you should contact DC.

Problem is no matter what I tried since making that post I cant change pump speed. Its eighter "on" or "off"... any ideas?

"The first batch liquid coolers could manage fan speed in BIOS under DC mode. but our cooling team do some changes, and the pump speed could not be changed anymore, and pump is designed to keep running at full speed. so you could find the difference as you mentioned. if you could manage pump speed, as long as the temp is good, you could lower its speed in BIOS, it will not affect lifespan."

An official response to DC concerning newer LS720 coolers. Incredible change/improvement. When even at full pump speed my CPU reaches 80C on an all core load, but at least its rivals nvidia gpus in annoying noise output. Somehow its even louder than my 3080s coil whine lmfao.

First and last time I ever bought something from them. All the reviews I read mentioned changing pump speed. Guess I'm fucked.

1 hour ago, vishy92 said:

Problem is no matter what I tried since making that post I cant change pump speed. Its eighter "on" or "off"... any ideas?

What's it connected to? Which mobo do you have?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

17 hours ago, RevGAM said:

What's it connected to? Which mobo do you have?

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x670e-plus-wifi/

I tried setting it to DC and changing it, but at anything over 50% its full 3100rpm and under that it just stops... its connected to the AIO pump header.
The pump has a 3 pin connector

19 minutes ago, vishy92 said:

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x670e-plus-wifi/

I tried setting it to DC and changing it, but at anything over 50% its full 3100rpm and under that it just stops... its connected to the AIO pump header.

that sounds like a motherboard thing.. can u try another fan header? 

44 minutes ago, vishy92 said:

Like Kris said and I should've just said from the start - put it on a fan header instead. That may let you do it. If not, time to contact DC.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Like Kris said and I should've just said from the start - put it on a fan header instead. That may let you do it. If not, time to contact DC.

i'll try in the evening. Is CPU_OPT fine for that? I dont have any free fan headers close to that

2 hours ago, vishy92 said:

i'll try in the evening. Is CPU_OPT fine for that? I dont have any free fan headers close to that

That's perfect.

20 hours ago, RevGAM said:

That's perfect.

No dice... same behavior. If you lower the voltage below a certain value it just dies. Tries to spin up, but cant. Fk all the dogshit companies with "stealth" revisions to hardware. Since I bought the mobo cpu and cooler as a combo and not from a retailer I can't even return it........................ To be fair this was my first "modern" build, but I did not expect facing problems like this. At least my 6400mhz kit is stable with the cpu. Thats the only place I expected potential issues

1 hour ago, vishy92 said:

No dice... same behavior. If you lower the voltage below a certain value it just dies. Tries to spin up, but cant. Fk all the dogshit companies with "stealth" revisions to hardware. Since I bought the mobo cpu and cooler as a combo and not from a retailer I can't even return it........................ To be fair this was my first "modern" build, but I did not expect facing problems like this. At least my 6400mhz kit is stable with the cpu. Thats the only place I expected potential issues

If the problem that most concerns you is the noise from the pump, contact DC and see if they're willing to RMA it.

If you can live with the noise, and want even better cooling, upgrade the fans to the Phanteks T30, Seasonic Magflow, Super Flower Megacool, or any other high-powered fan.

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If the problem that most concerns you is the noise from the pump, contact DC and see if they're willing to RMA it.

If you can live with the noise, and want even better cooling, upgrade the fans to the Phanteks T30, Seasonic Magflow, Super Flower Megacool, or any other high-powered fan.

Yeah I'll try that, but I dont have proof of purchase. So i dont think they'll do much about it. I dont think upgrading fans is necesarry. I set them to static 800rpm. They are near silent (the pump is louder lmao) and never saw a higher than 70C temp. Usually low 60 high 50s ingame

3 hours ago, vishy92 said:

Yeah I'll try that, but I dont have proof of purchase. So i dont think they'll do much about it. I dont think upgrading fans is necesarry. I set them to static 800rpm. They are near silent (the pump is louder lmao) and never saw a higher than 70C temp. Usually low 60 high 50s ingame

That's not surprising. Your CPU doesn't make much heat.

Decided to just ditch it and sell it. I just cant take high pitched noises like this. Its almost like coil whine and due to the pitch it even cuts through the sound from speakers.

Thanks for all the help. DeepCool can go f itself.

Deep Ass strikes again.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with @vishy92 and it drives me crazy...