Need help with Java / website form for my site. Any help would be great

oneoone

Delete this before posting. Please make sure to include the language that you're using in the title, and use the <> button for any code.

We have a questionnaire on our website that sends up the info in raw from vie emial. I know it is possible to code the form so it sends back the info already added up but I have NO idea how to do this and its driving me nutts. The site is built using Elementor pro and I you can add Java to make this happen. But my monkey brain can not work it out. Can anyone help with this ?

27 minutes ago, oneoone said:

you can add Java to make this happen. But my monkey brain can not work it out.

By Java you mean JavaScript? As they are two completed different languages.

What are you intending to do when the form has been submitted?

32 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

By Java you mean JavaScript? As they are two completed different languages.

What are you intending to do when the form has been submitted?

I have a real lack of knowledge so I am sorry. Basically, we have an online questionnaire and the info gets sent to our email address it raw form. The answers then have to be manually added up and calculated. 

The questionnaire has 25 questions; the questions are multiple-choice and the value is scored from  1-7. So it would be great if this was calculated and sent back to us via email instead of all 25 answers that we then have to add up and scores. I know it is possible but have ZERO clue how to do it

1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, and 23 ( Added up and calculated )

2, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24. ( Added up and calculated )

3, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, and 25. ( Added up and calculated )

I hope that makes some sense; I can send you a link to a version of the questionnaire I am referring to if that helps. 

Thank you for taking the time

This is easy enough. Create a form like usual. The below is a copy and paste with just a few seconds of search. 

<form action="mailto:you@yourdmainhere.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain" >
FirstName:<input type="text" name="FirstName">
Email:<input type="text" name="Email">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

What you need to do is paste in your own questions for the input as well as your destination mailto address. 

You also need some script running somewhere that can grab all those inbound emails and spit out whatever you wanted to see. There are many ways to do this. Here is a link to a python module than can grab emails for you and then you can parse to do whatever you mentioned above. 

https://thepythoncode.com/article/reading-emails-in-python

If you are more comfortable with js, intsall node.js and follow the tutorial below. 

https://dev.to/akinmyde/reading-email-data-with-node-js-bjf

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 hours ago, wasab said:

This is easy enough. Create a form like usual. The below is a copy and paste with just a few seconds of search. 

<form action="mailto:you@yourdmainhere.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain" >
FirstName:<input type="text" name="FirstName">
Email:<input type="text" name="Email">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

What you need to do is paste in your own questions for the input as well as your destination mailto address. 

You also need some script running somewhere that can grab all those inbound emails and spit out whatever you wanted to see. There are many ways to do this. Here is a link to a python module than can grab emails for you and then you can parse to do whatever you mentioned above. 

https://thepythoncode.com/article/reading-emails-in-python

If you are more comfortable with js, intsall node.js and follow the tutorial below. 

https://dev.to/akinmyde/reading-email-data-with-node-js-bjf

Hi wasab,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem.em and get back to me. I created the form using Elementor Pro ( a website-building tool ) and just used the drag-and-click questionnaire creator. I know I can add my own code, but not sure how; I am a noobie, and JS is not my thing. Can I shoot you a message so you can see if it / is possible? I am happy to compensate you for your time 

22 hours ago, oneoone said:

Can I shoot you a message so you can see if it / is possible? I am happy to compensate you for your time

I am not looking to do any freelance projects atm. Perhaps you can look for someone on fiverr. However html form is very simple. Pretty sure you can learn this in an hour of two of online tutorials. 

Edit: also, seems like you want to manually check the emails. You can just ignore the part about python and node.js.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Honestly, this is where I would also just shot in the dark it and ask openAI's chatgpt (free account) about adding it...it's actually pretty good at making stuff the pretty much works...or if you get errors you can then just say I got "xyz error" and it usually fixes it enough to make a workable thing (assuming what you are doing is simple enough)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef