3.7 lithium ion vape disposable batteries

Hello everyone hope you guys having a lovely start your weekend.

I have saved a bunch of discarded vapes which have been chucked out on the ground around my town. Also some people I know who vape have also given me their disposal ones and I've extracted the 3.7 v batteries from them they range from 350 milliamp hours to 550. Now each one I have connected a BMS to individually and soldered two wires from the BMS board.

This is great because now I've got a bunch of batteries which I can use for all sorts of things. But I was wondering if there was a way of charging them all in unison so they're in a fairly charged state before I start wiring them together in series etc.

Thanks in advance

Jay

UK

20240216_200113.jpg

20240216_200110.jpg

20240216_200057.jpg

20240216_200047.jpg

uh oh before anything please make sure none of the batteries can short out

🫠

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

bigclive has made a few videos about recycling the rechargable batteries out of single-use vapes.

on that note - while it's a very cringe thing to bring up - i do have to agree withg @Cyberwolf and say that your means of storing these is very much not adequate.

to distill it down to a very simple piece of advice: dont have any bare copper.

you should check beforehand to ensure they are all the same ish chemistry, otherwise charging them is nothing special.
you need a constant voltage constant current power supply.
you ideally want the current limit to be the limit of the weakest cell, but in the interest of time, set the current to that value multiplied by number of cells divided by 2-3 depending on your comfort level.
voltage should be set to 4.2, it will obviously sag when charging, just make sure its 4.2 without any load.
just connect every cell in parallel and to the power supply and charge them, there will be some cell to cell charge/discharge but its fine because the batteries are smol and your wires are smol and make big resistance.