Stutters in game, mainly Fortnite. Sometimes happens in other games.

First of all my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (Drivers up to date)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite (Drivers up to date)
RAM: VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (16+16)
PSU: EVGA GOLD 650 WATT (don't really remember the PSU I have, but remember this info)

I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent stuttering issue I've been experiencing primarily in Fortnite, although it's also noticeable in other games to a lesser extent. In Fortnite, these stutters are particularly troublesome, causing my frame rate to plummet from a steady 300 down to as low as 20-80 sporadically, before bouncing back up instantly. While the problem isn't as severe in other games, it still pops up from time to time.

This stuttering problem has been a thorn in my side for quite some time now. Despite upgrading various components of my PC, including switching from an AMD Ryzen 5 5800x CPU and a GTX 1660 Super GPU, the issue persists. I even went as far as swapping out my motherboard, though that was primarily to ensure compatibility with the new CPU.

I've diligently explored every troubleshooting avenue available online, tinkering with Windows registry settings and resorting to a complete factory reset in hopes of a resolution. Although there has been some marginal improvement, likely due to updates from Fortnite, the stutters remain an annoyance. I've tried various tweaks such as capping FPS with RTSS, overclocking my CPU to mitigate potential bottlenecks, and adjusting BIOS settings like NVIDIA resizable BAR—all without success.

Even toggling RAM XMP settings hasn't provided a lasting solution, although I've opted to keep it enabled for improved RAM performance. At this point, I feel like I've exhausted all options short of building an entirely new PC from scratch.

Given the frustration of experiencing stuttering on what many would consider a high-performance PC, any insights or suggestions would be immensely appreciated. I'm eager to restore smooth gaming experiences, especially in Fortnite, which has been marred by these persistent stutters. If you have any advice or solutions to offer, I'd be incredibly grateful.

(Before someone asks, yes i did use chat GPT lol, needed to make the reason sound comprehendible as I tend to cramp everything into one place)

if you have any further questions about my issue please let me know, thank you in advance

Its primarily a fortnite issue. Nothing you will change or do will fix it. Games like that will have major dips even on the best hardware, its why many people avoid testing it because there is so much variability match to match. You will have to adjust the ingame settings enough to mitigate most of it.

Youd have to see it in 3D Mark benchmarks, or other ones to see if its a computer hardware issue, or a game engine issue.

1 hour ago, Anebay said:

First of all my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (Drivers up to date)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite (Drivers up to date)
RAM: VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (16+16)
PSU: EVGA GOLD 650 WATT (don't really remember the PSU I have, but remember this info)

I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent stuttering issue I've been experiencing primarily in Fortnite, although it's also noticeable in other games to a lesser extent. In Fortnite, these stutters are particularly troublesome, causing my frame rate to plummet from a steady 300 down to as low as 20-80 sporadically, before bouncing back up instantly. While the problem isn't as severe in other games, it still pops up from time to time.

This stuttering problem has been a thorn in my side for quite some time now. Despite upgrading various components of my PC, including switching from an AMD Ryzen 5 5800x CPU and a GTX 1660 Super GPU, the issue persists. I even went as far as swapping out my motherboard, though that was primarily to ensure compatibility with the new CPU.

I've diligently explored every troubleshooting avenue available online, tinkering with Windows registry settings and resorting to a complete factory reset in hopes of a resolution. Although there has been some marginal improvement, likely due to updates from Fortnite, the stutters remain an annoyance. I've tried various tweaks such as capping FPS with RTSS, overclocking my CPU to mitigate potential bottlenecks, and adjusting BIOS settings like NVIDIA resizable BAR—all without success.

Even toggling RAM XMP settings hasn't provided a lasting solution, although I've opted to keep it enabled for improved RAM performance. At this point, I feel like I've exhausted all options short of building an entirely new PC from scratch.

Given the frustration of experiencing stuttering on what many would consider a high-performance PC, any insights or suggestions would be immensely appreciated. I'm eager to restore smooth gaming experiences, especially in Fortnite, which has been marred by these persistent stutters. If you have any advice or solutions to offer, I'd be incredibly grateful.

(Before someone asks, yes i did use chat GPT lol, needed to make the reason sound comprehendible as I tend to cramp everything into one place)

if you have any further questions about my issue please let me know, thank you in advance

i’ve also been getting huge frame dips, are you experiencing this issue in battle royal or creative? It is a well known issue this season of frame dips in battle royal.

14 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Its primarily a fortnite issue. Nothing you will change or do will fix it. Games like that will have major dips even on the best hardware, its why many people avoid testing it because there is so much variability match to match. You will have to adjust the ingame settings enough to mitigate most of it.

Youd have to see it in 3D Mark benchmarks, or other ones to see if its a computer hardware issue, or a game engine issue.

I second this with Fortnite, it varies from game to game with me but I never get a smooth round.

19 hours ago, Shimejii said:

yeah, at this point I've come to realize this, however I still don't get why other people who have a pooper setup be getting much smoother gameplay than me 😞

13 minutes ago, Anebay said:

yeah, at this point I've come to realize this, however I still don't get why other people who have a pooper setup be getting much smoother gameplay than me 😞

Often times it comes down to what your settings are vs theirs. They tend to put everything on minimum. That helps a lot to keep things a lot more smoother.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:48 PM, Shimejii said:

Often times it comes down to what your settings are vs theirs. They tend to put everything on minimum. That helps a lot to keep things a lot more smoother.

I have tested on all settings, high, medium, low, and extra low by going into Nvidia profile inspector, all-cause stutters. So I don't think its in-game setting related