PC doesn't turn on, nothing spins, no light, no everything...

theking

Hello guys..

I have a problem with my computer, when i press the power button on my case nothing happens.

The funny thing is, it worked perfectly fine yesterday, and nothing was touched this morning. And when i mean nothing happens, i mean nothing. 

Fans aren't spinning, and the led light doesn't glow. I will be free tonight, so please give me all the suggestions on what may fix it. 

Things i suspect is wrong, i'm not super good with hardware so these may not be legit.

-Power switch or cable is broken.

-Main power cable from the wall is broken.

-Something wrong with the motherboard.

I have not tested these things, and i don't know if it has something to do with the problem.

Specs in my signature, thanks...

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Sounds like a dead PSU possible the connector fell out of the mobo but the cord going to the wall shouldnt be broken. So my best guess is a dead psu

Sounds like a dead PSU possible the connector fell out of the mobo but the cord going to the wall shouldnt be broken. So my best guess is a dead psu

Is there a way to test the psu? if it is dead?

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Try using something conductive to bridge the gap between the jumpers on the motherboard which control the power switch, or if your motherboard has a built-in power switch, try that? Apart from that I would say a power supply or motherboard problem. Another option would be to short out the power supply with another piece of metal between the green wire and any of the black wires. If nothing happens, your power supply is the problem 

PC - Ryzen 7 2700X, ASUS B450-PLUS, 16GB ADATA XPG DDR4, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 500GB PNY XLR8, 1TB WD Green, Corsair HX750, AMD Wraith Prism, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, 2x Acer Nitro 27" 1440P IPS, Corsair K65, RGB mouse, Razer mousepad!

Mac - 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13" (2.7 i5, 8GB, 256GB)

This really sounds like a dead PSU... but in case it's not a dead psu, try checking if the power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard including the extra 8 pin connect, most of the time, on top of motherboard. If that's not the case and it's all well in place try doing the paper clip test on the PSU and see if turns on, if it turns on than it's not PSU but other components in the system its self...

Unplug the PSU from everything and bride the center green and black wires and it should power on then but if it doesn't then it's dead.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Maybe the power plug in the wall is dead

I tried that, it works.

Unplug the PSU from everything and bride the center green and black wires and it should power on then but if it doesn't then it's dead.

My wires are all black, RM psu, what do i do?

This really sounds like a dead PSU... but in case it's not a dead psu, try checking if the power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard including the extra 8 pin connect, most of the time, on top of motherboard. If that's not the case and it's all well in place try doing the paper clip test on the PSU and see if turns on, if it turns on than it's not PSU but other components in the system its self...

Try using something conductive to bridge the gap between the jumpers on the motherboard which control the power switch, or if your motherboard has a built-in power switch, try that? Apart from that I would say a power supply or motherboard problem. Another option would be to short out the power supply with another piece of metal between the green wire and any of the black wires. If nothing happens, your power supply is the problem 

Is a metal key conductive? and my psu has black wires, what do i do. Thanks for all the comments...

My wires are all black, RM psu, what do i do?

One of the black pins directly under the clip and the green next to it.

2024pinout.jpg

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

2024pinout.jpg

thanks i'll try it

2024pinout.jpg

just one question, my psu fan doesn't ramp up until 40% load, so how can i tell if it's working or not?

just one question, my psu fan doesn't ramp up until 40% load, so how can i tell if it's working or not?

Does it have a led or something ?

Have a volt meter?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

use a volt meater put the black/negitive lead i any of the groud holes and test the other conections. the diagrams listed above show what voltages you should be getting.

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

Have a volt meter?

use a volt meater put the black/negitive lead i any of the groud holes and test the other conections. the diagrams listed above show what voltages you should be getting.

too lazy to buy one ha :D

Does it have a led or something ?

eh nope, but i just remembered i can listen if my HDD spins up..

well a good tool to buy to make tesing psu's easy is a psu tester. you can get on for about 15, 20 bucks and it takes all the guse work out of it. just plug the conector into the corasponding slot on the tester and look for all green lights. http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Pins-Power-Supply-Tester/dp/B005LELVOO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400794589&sr=8-3&keywords=power+supply+tester+lcd I also have been to lazy to buy one and thats why i use a volt meater.

I will do the best I can to help in any way. However I am not all knowing and realize that I can be wrong. If you know something I said is not factual please speak up and provide myself and otters reading reading the thread with the facts proving it. I'm not just here to help others learn I'm also here to learn myself. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin    

Plug a molex fan into the psu ? if the fan spins....

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

if you dont have a molex fan can always do what i just did now... got a 12vDC fan put the red wire into a +12v pin and black onto any black pin, if psu powers up the fan will spin obviously you still have to short the green and a black to power it up8X4l2.jpg

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

the fan spinning tells you that it is on, but a 12 volt fan will spin if you put 10 or even only 9 volts to it. just because the fan is spinning that still dosent tell you that the psu is good. i have a 12 volt cpu fan hooked up to a 9 volt batery and a switch and it works just fine. (I use it for sodering smoke) to know if the psu is good you need to know the voltage.

thanks so much for the answers, ill test it and write later..

I think the psu is dead, tested the clip thing and nothing happened. I'll try it against to see if i did something wrong.  but i'll try to replace it. Corsair does have warranty i guess. I hope to get it replaced :D