New hardware with terrible stutters and poor performance

Hello,

I have been having stuttering and low performance issues on my desktop pc for a very long time now and I am unsure of what the problem could be.  I just recently upgraded nearly everything in my pc and I still continue to have stuttering problems.  I have ran tests on all my components and none seem to be faulty or underperforming.  None of my temps are out of wack and all stay at cool temperature even under stress.  I just recently reset my pc and updated to windows 11, but this too seemed to have no effect.  Some games I typically run on this pc are Fortnite, Minecraft, COD, and Roblox which aren't crazy demanding games, but I still have problems running the games at high and consistent framerate even at low settings.  Like I said, nearly all of my components are new and did not fix my problem with low fps and stutters.  I just recently went to a friend's house who has a pc of similar specs with a RTX 3060 and an i7 13700k which runs infinitely smoother and better in every way.  Please help me as I am completely lost on what my problem could be.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x 

GPU: RTX 3060ti

MOBO: Gigabyte A520M S2H

RAM: OLOy DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 3200 MHz (only old component)

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W 80+ White

12 minutes ago, bootfall said:

Hello,

I have been having stuttering and low performance issues on my desktop pc for a very long time now and I am unsure of what the problem could be.  I just recently upgraded nearly everything in my pc and I still continue to have stuttering problems.  I have ran tests on all my components and none seem to be faulty or underperforming.  None of my temps are out of wack and all stay at cool temperature even under stress.  I just recently reset my pc and updated to windows 11, but this too seemed to have no effect.  Some games I typically run on this pc are Fortnite, Minecraft, COD, and Roblox which aren't crazy demanding games, but I still have problems running the games at high and consistent framerate even at low settings.  Like I said, nearly all of my components are new and did not fix my problem with low fps and stutters.  I just recently went to a friend's house who has a pc of similar specs with a RTX 3060 and an i7 13700k which runs infinitely smoother and better in every way.  Please help me as I am completely lost on what my problem could be.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x 

GPU: RTX 3060ti

MOBO: Gigabyte A520M S2H

RAM: OLOy DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) 3200 MHz (only old component)

what's your cpu power wattage and usage in game as well as your gpu usage and wattage?

it's very possible you're VRM limited by that a520. Also try updating the bios 

13 minutes ago, bootfall said:

that psu is tier E/Tier F so I'd change it to something like this and sell that on eBay for around $35

Thermaltake Smart BM3 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (PS-SPD-0650MNFABU-3) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Running fortnite my GPU usage stays around 40-50% at 45C and my CPU usage is around 20% at 55C and 60W.  I notice that whenever I stutter my GPU usage seems to either lower or spike, but I have had this same issue on other gpus in this system.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:52 PM, bootfall said:

Running fortnite my GPU usage stays around 40-50% at 45C and my CPU usage is around 20% at 55C and 60W.  I notice that whenever I stutter my GPU usage seems to either lower or spike, but I have had this same issue on other gpus in this system.

It's probably your cpu or bios. Try updating your bios and installing the newest graphics drivers (maybe even doing a DDU)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

15 hours ago, filpo said:

It's probably your cpu or bios. Try updating your bios and installing the newest graphics drivers (maybe even doing a DDU)

I just got this cpu not even a week ago and ive updated my bios.  I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers with a DDU.