Has Anyone Received a CableMod Recall Notification Email?

Lurick

CableMod Recall Email  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Have you received a recall email from CableMod directly?

• Yes
    • No

Has anyone who bought the adapter actually received an email directly from CableMod about the recall?

I ordered a v1.1 a few months ago and I never got anything, if I wasn't in the loop with what's going on I wouldn't have a clue these were recalled and I'm wondering if CableMod is even sending out alert emails for this and I just missed it or what. I'm starting to wonder if they've not actually sent anything out in hopes of not having to refund/credit a bunch of people who might not be plugged into the tech community nearly as much.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

38 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I'm starting to wonder if they've not actually sent anything out in hopes of not having to refund/credit a bunch of people who might not be plugged into the tech community nearly as much.

Unlikely, as the whole point of going through an official recall is to avoid being sued for damages and potentially loss of life, from a fire the adapter caused.  If they don't actually inform people, then they've not done a recall.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

Unlikely, as the whole point of going through an official recall is to avoid being sued for damages and potentially loss of life, from a fire the adapter caused.  If they don't actually inform people, then they've not done a recall.

Agreed but I've triple checked the email tied to the order and nothing. I got the confirmation email after submitting my refund request the other day but never anything from them about the recall so far.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Considering CableMod made the effort to file a claim with the CPSC, I doubt their intention is to keep their fingers crossed that people won't follow through with getting a replacement for their right angle connectors. It's a fire hazard and I doubt that CableMod wants to be the ones responsible for replacing an entire PC, much less an entire house if a fire happened to go that far. They've got a big red banner on the home page of their website telling people about it too. But who knows...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Agreed but I've triple checked the email tied to the order and nothing. I got the confirmation email after submitting my refund request the other day but never anything from them about the recall so far.

I get the feeling theres a lot of hoops they have to go through to do an official CPSC recall, they maybe waiting for confirmation of exactly how they are supposed to do this?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, m1lk3y said:

Considering CableMod made the effort to file a claim with the CPSC, I doubt their intention is to keep their fingers crossed that people won't follow through with getting a replacement for their right angle connectors. It's a fire hazard and I doubt that CableMod wants to be the ones responsible for replacing an entire PC, much less an entire house if a fire happened to go that far. They've got a big red banner on the home page of their website telling people about it too. But who knows...

I completely agree, my hope is some bulk email comes out soon now that it's been officially filed through the government agencies but the recall notice has been on their site for a bit so one would generally expect at least some cursory email by now. I'm still hopeful they do send out the email but I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten one to date.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I get the feeling theres a lot of hoops they have to go through to do an official CPSC recall, they maybe waiting for confirmation of exactly how they are supposed to do this?

I believe that's been in the works and from what I saw on J2C and GN the other day it's official now and published on the CSPC website so hopefully my question/title changes and something comes out soon in the form of an email 🙂

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: