Windows 11 PC Sleep and Restart Issues

I recently built my PC and everything is working fine until now. When I put my PC to sleep, my mouse and keyboard lights go to default (meaning that the control software was closed) but my PC remains turned on. It stays turned on without display output until I switch off the power. When I attempt to restart, the restart loading screen comes for about 7 minutes and then I get this random purple pinkish screen with flashing shapes and the PC restarts, everything works again when it boots but the issues persist when I try to restart/sleep. I've also twice got a BSOD with it saying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried updating drivers but no success. I'm considering reinstalling windows.

UPDATE:

I disconnected my wifi adaptor and all the power functions are working perfectly fine. Any suggestions as to why my wifi adaptor (It's a USB adaptor) is doing this?

44 minutes ago, WildFoxy100 said:

I recently built my PC and everything is working fine until now. When I put my PC to sleep, my mouse and keyboard lights go to default (meaning that the control software was closed) but my PC remains turned on. It stays turned on without display output until I switch off the power. When I attempt to restart, the restart loading screen comes for about 7 minutes and then I get this random purple pinkish screen with flashing shapes and the PC restarts, everything works again when it boots but the issues persist when I try to restart/sleep. I've also twice got a BSOD with it saying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I tried updating drivers but no success. I'm considering reinstalling windows.

Hi, you met the curse of sleep/hibernation.. 

do yourself a favour, turn off anything containing sleep and or hibernation in power management. and fastboot. 

in bios turn off any shape or form of power management ment. S5 states etc.. AND fastboot 😄

never use sleep again... use shutdown.  it's not a laptop and would need a fresh boot every time 🙂

if you realy want to save power, shut it down. 

if you want keep your system online, lock your system and turn off the monitor if it disturbs you. 

if your not sure if it's off yet.. open and admin cmd window and write powercfg.exe /hibernate off

congrats on new pc 😄

btw.. when all of this is still on.. restart is actually the only way for a fresh boot. 

12 hours ago, Robchil said:

Hi, you met the curse of sleep/hibernation.. 

do yourself a favour, turn off anything containing sleep and or hibernation in power management. and fastboot. 

in bios turn off any shape or form of power management ment. S5 states etc.. AND fastboot 😄

never use sleep again... use shutdown.  it's not a laptop and would need a fresh boot every time 🙂

if you realy want to save power, shut it down. 

if you want keep your system online, lock your system and turn off the monitor if it disturbs you. 

if your not sure if it's off yet.. open and admin cmd window and write powercfg.exe /hibernate off

congrats on new pc 😄

btw.. when all of this is still on.. restart is actually the only way for a fresh boot. 

Thanks for the help! I was thinking I should disable the WiFi adapter's ability to wake the PC and maybe that'll help?

1 hour ago, WildFoxy100 said:

Thanks for the help! I was thinking I should disable the WiFi adapter's ability to wake the PC and maybe that'll help?

if S5 is disabled in bios that should not work either.