What happens to the returns LTT gets?

Go to solution Solved by Adam Pilolla,

The exact SOP is a bit of a work in progress at the moment, but depending on the item's condition as it arrives back to our warehouse, most returns will be either:

• Recycled/repurposed
  • Donated locally
  • Sold as new

We're also looking into the possibility of refurbishing/re-selling some items, but the ifs, whats, whens, and hows of that are still under consideration. For example, we recently alluded to this for the LTT Backpack in this newsletter article: https://www.lttstore.com/blogs/the-newsletter-archive/our-commitment-to-making-it-right

I started a thread on Reddit but I decided it's probably better if I ask on the forum where people who work at the company may actually know. 

So LTT basically has a no questions asked 30 days return policy. With the recalls and the returns we've seen. I got curious. 

What happens to the faulty backpacks or merchandise that gets returned? I know Amazon has an inspection process to see if a product can be resold as new, if not then it's sold as a lot at auctions. I know BestBuy has OpenBox products. What does LTT do with the returns they get? 

Is there like a program where LTT fix up the returns and resell them at a slight discount or do they just disappear into the aether?

Professional underdog supporter.
KEEP THE COMPETITION ALIVE! 

i've heard mention that at least some articles of clothing go to charitable causes, and/or that there is essentially a path for most if not all of the "usable" stuff to go towards.

22 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i've heard mention that at least some articles of clothing go to charitable causes, and/or that there is essentially a path for most if not all of the "usable" stuff to go towards.

a $250USD backpack as a donation. Imagine being the kid rocking a LTT backpack. Straight balling. 

9 minutes ago, CuriousBread said:

a $250USD backpack as a donation. Imagine being the kid rocking a LTT backpack. Straight balling. 

i suggest you re-read my reply if that is what you make of it.

12 minutes ago, CuriousBread said:

That's not at all what was said.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That's not at all what was said.

not directly no but if they basically said they get donated. Some pretty big donations there. 

1 hour ago, CuriousBread said:

They've stated on the forum I believe that some items get donated to thrift stores since several users have seen the items there - so in terms of donations that is where they might be found. Might see some after the backpack returns are processed - not sure what their plan is for the returned backpacks for the double-layer "issue". 

The exact SOP is a bit of a work in progress at the moment, but depending on the item's condition as it arrives back to our warehouse, most returns will be either:

• Recycled/repurposed
  • Donated locally
  • Sold as new

We're also looking into the possibility of refurbishing/re-selling some items, but the ifs, whats, whens, and hows of that are still under consideration. For example, we recently alluded to this for the LTT Backpack in this newsletter article: https://www.lttstore.com/blogs/the-newsletter-archive/our-commitment-to-making-it-right

Edited by Adam Pilolla
Typo

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro