How do I slipstream my drivers?

Gat Pelsinger

I am creating my own Windows custom ISO, in which I want to slipstream my drivers. But, when I extract the files from the installer, I don't know which folder exactly contains the driver files. For example, here is the folder structure of my audio driver -

image.png.201b28e2bad3fa978da9f43c6fd49b68.png

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Search for .inf files.

Based on the folder names my guess would be the installer contains multiple drivers. It likely detects which hardware you have and installs the correct one. So you'd have to find out which one that is and include that one.

Personally I wouldn't include anything other than essential drivers. By the time you reinstall, the drivers you included are likely going to be outdated. This is especially true for GPU drivers.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

@Eigenvektor

All of them contain a lot of inf files. I guess it is better to run the the main installer itself after the OS installation?

Microsoft owns my soul.

1 minute ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

All of them contain a lot of inf files. I guess it is better to run the the main installer itself after the OS installation?

I would say so, unless you're willing to spend the time to find out what the installer does on your particular system, i.e. which exact files it uses/installs

@Eigenvektor

An even better idea, will it be possible to auto run the installers? (Unattended or whatever you call it?)

Microsoft owns my soul.

I suggest using a tool that is called winutil which has microwin integrated and you can inject drivers on the minimal windows iso without any hassle.

@goatedpenguin

I can do that using NTlite too. But I need the actual inf files I think. Read the whole thread.

Microsoft owns my soul.

8 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

An even better idea, will it be possible to auto run the installers? (Unattended or whatever you call it?)

A quick Google tells me NTLite has a post setup step that allows you to run scripts. So if the installer supports some form of unattended install, I guess that's where it should go. Haven't really bothered with custom Windows installs since XP (with nLite).

20 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@goatedpenguin

I can do that using NTlite too. But I need the actual inf files I think. Read the whole thread.

Mb my reading comprehension is not good tday 😅

Only include those for things that Windows doesn't find anything online for on its own.

Unless you want a full offline install that is...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2