Weird issue when gaming? please help?

Eireagon

While playing EA FC 24 and i would tab out multiple times to change songs in spotify, I encountered a problem. When I attempted to return to the game at one point, my screen turned black and the monitor's light turned orange, indicating no signal. However, upon tabbing back out, my PC returned to the Windows desktop screen, and I could see the game running smoothly in a small square, akin to what you see when you tab out of a game. Nevertheless, despite multiple attempts to tab back into the game, it remained stuck on a black screen in fullscreen mode. I encountered the same issue when trying to play Call of Duty when i just wanted to test a different game. Restarting the PC resolved the problem, and everything seemed to be functioning normally again. There were no abnormal events recorded in the event viewer to suggest any issues. I'm uncertain whether my PC is malfunctioning or if the GPU is failing. Or is it nothing to worry about at all?

15 minutes ago, Eireagon said:

While playing EA FC 24 and i would tab out multiple times to change songs in spotify, I encountered a problem. When I attempted to return to the game at one point, my screen turned black and the monitor's light turned orange, indicating no signal. However, upon tabbing back out, my PC returned to the Windows desktop screen, and I could see the game running smoothly in a small square, akin to what you see when you tab out of a game. Nevertheless, despite multiple attempts to tab back into the game, it remained stuck on a black screen in fullscreen mode. I encountered the same issue when trying to play Call of Duty when i just wanted to test a different game. Restarting the PC resolved the problem, and everything seemed to be functioning normally again. There were no abnormal events recorded in the event viewer to suggest any issues. I'm uncertain whether my PC is malfunctioning or if the GPU is failing. Or is it nothing to worry about at all?

Any other games/apps that do this? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Could be as simple as reconnecting the cables on your monitor. Do you also have multiple monitors on?

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?