Water bottle honest review needed

Derekd

Linus's love of water has really helped inspire me to drink more water. So for those of you who have the LTT bottle, how would you rate it? It is high quality like a Klean Kanteen/Hydro flask OR is it a long the lines of some cheap promotional bottle you would get at a work conference?

It's a nicely made stainless steel water bottle. The silicone seals in the lid can get a little skunky and they're not the easiest to clean, but frequent rinsing with soapy water can help that. (I think the lids are dishwasher safe, and there's always the old "soak it in warm water with a denture cleaning tablet" trick.

I dropped mine in my driveway, and it landed on a bottom corner. I had to whack it against a counter to push the dent back out so it would sit flat again, and touch up some cosmetic marks with a paint pen, but it still insulates just fine.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Welcome to the forums!
I personally like it a lot. It's easily on par with my Hydroflask. At room temp I've still had ice left after 48 hours

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I've been happy with them, the design has held up really well and the quality is on par with other high end water bottles for similar costs. I have a handful of them including the Uncle Linus bottle. I did drop one bottle and it landed right on the bottom edge and it still works but doesn't insulate as well as my non-damaged bottles but it still keeps things cold for a long time. As far as the quality compared to what you would get at a conference it really depends. I have gotten a really nice one from Autocad University that was really good and a couple from vendors that are just a single later of metal without insulation.

I've got one of the OG bottles with the OG lid and it's been fantastic BUT I have also bought a spout lid for it twice because the handle cracked.  the crack was not a defect It was in the bottle holder of my backpack and it whacked a door frame.  but to me it seems weak.  I just bought another one so hopefully this one holds up better.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:16 AM, Needfuldoer said:

It's a nicely made stainless steel water bottle. The silicone seals in the lid can get a little skunky and they're not the easiest to clean, but frequent rinsing with soapy water can help that. (I think the lids are dishwasher safe, and there's always the old "soak it in warm water with a denture cleaning tablet" trick.

I dropped mine in my driveway, and it landed on a bottom corner. I had to whack it against a counter to push the dent back out so it would sit flat again, and touch up some cosmetic marks with a paint pen, but it still insulates just fine.

My toddler dropped my 40oz and it landed just wrong with the shoulder of the bottle landing on the corner of a wooden block, and now I have a permanent dimple about the size of the pad of my thumb there that actually makes the bottle easier to hold and indexes perfectly with the new spout cap.

This has not effected it's ability to keep my ice water cold.

Also the paint didn't chip or crack it's like they used plastidip or something.

Edit: fixed "off" to "of", added comment about paint

Edited by Guardian452Bob

On 2/7/2024 at 6:47 AM, Derekd said:

I have the og one and upgraded to the pcmr water bottle. I find the original stealth black one to absorb grease a lot and traps it. I work in the food industry, and I can't get the grease off of it. Sure, you can use a degreasing agent, but it just eats at the og printing. The new one has a nicer texture to it and feels a bit grippy? I dropped both of them on asphalt trying to get my keys in the car and it only slightly chipped the paint. like barely chipped it. 

As someone who collects convention water bottles.  i can tell you my 2 LTT ones (21 and 40oz)  are much better.  The coatings are very durable and they keep my ice water very cool all day if needed.  

3 hours ago, True said:

As someone who collects convention water bottles.  i can tell you my 2 LTT ones (21 and 40oz)  are much better.  The coatings are very durable and they keep my ice water very cool all day if needed.  

Everything you get at a convention is garbage.  Even the damn pens suck.