I recently dual booted into Garuda Hyprland, but unable to figure out how to enable dual monitor setup (extend display)

So I dual booted into Garuda Linux which is hyprland version and in this I cannot find any option like I had on windows to extend my display. So if I go to the display of this garuda linux only thing I can see is just one monitor screen and nothing much like something that I could understand or configure even I’m new to the configuration part so please if you have any Suggestions or something that could help me please suggest.

by the way this dual monitor set up works for my windows which is again like as I said it’s dual boot so in windows it works perfectly fine but in Linux it doesn’t, like I don’t actually see any option for extending my display.

never had much experience with hyprland but I'm guessing it either needs to be configured in the main hyprland.conf or it just has a black wallpaper so it appears to not be working.

2 minutes ago, ARandomInternetUser said:

And Googling if hyprland has NVIDIA GPU support told me that there is no support for NVIDIA GPUs.

Hyprland does (sortof) support nvidia gpus. https://wiki.hyprland.org/Nvidia/

Just now, RandomLegoBrick said:

never had much experience with hyprland but I'm guessing it either needs to be configured in the main hyprland.conf or it just has a black wallpaper so it appears to not be working.

I just gone a quick Google search and it might be NVIDIA support as hyprland doesn't support NVIDIA GPUs.

7 minutes ago, ARandomInternetUser said:

I just gone a quick Google search and it might be NVIDIA support as hyprland doesn't support NVIDIA GPUs

Hyprland uses the wayland compositor which mostly supports nvidia gpus providing you installed drivers, generally they should work but there seems to be some jank regarding xwayland programs lol

though we dont yet know what his system specs are so it might not even be an issue

EDIT: found the wiki page regarding monitors, you need to explicitly set each monitor, resolution, refreshrate / position in the hyprland.conf

https://wiki.hyprland.org/Configuring/Monitors/

2 minutes ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

Hyprland uses the wayland compositor which mostly supports nvidia gpus providing you installed drivers, they will work but there seems to be some jank regarding xwayland programs lol

I found a 1 year old gitlab issue about that jank behaviour with xwayland.

16 minutes ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

Hyprland uses the wayland compositor which mostly supports nvidia gpus providing you installed drivers, generally they should work but there seems to be some jank regarding xwayland programs lol

though we dont yet know what his system specs are so it might not even be an issue

EDIT: found the wiki page regarding monitors, you need to explicitly set each monitor, resolution, refreshrate / position in the hyprland.conf

I’ve visited this, couldn’t understand what exactly I have to do! Could you help?

16 minutes ago, CosmicEmotion said:

Hyprland needs to be configured in

~/.config/hyprland.conf

Yeah but how exactly? I have a 1920x1080p monitor connected via hdmi

16 minutes ago, RandomLegoBrick said:

I just found a GUI manager for multiple screens: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hdisplays

sudo yay -S hdisplays

to install it.
To install yay:

download https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/yay-bin.tar.gz
extract it
sudo pacman -Syu base-devel
makepkg
sudo pacman -U (file name of YAY)

It’s not detecting my second monitor

camphoto_684387517.jpeg

So somehow IDK how, it started working. Haven’t done anything in configs or anywhere. But I’m unable to see my mouse.

keyboard works in both monitors and mouse does too but unable to see the cursor

1 minute ago, MrDragoon said:

But I’m unable to see my mouse.

Just try a reboot if that fixes anything.

4 minutes ago, ARandomInternetUser said:

Just try a reboot if that fixes anything.

In one screen I can see which was my main laptop screen, but not in the second monitor

and till I’m in the display setting which is btw wdisplays I can see the cursor in both and once I close it the cursor vanishes for second monitor

Edited by MrDragoon

Can you run

hyprctl monitors

What's the output?

It would be good if you read this a little.

Asus Zephurs Duo 2023:

CPU: 7945HX

GPU: 4090M

5 hours ago, CosmicEmotion said:

Can you run

hyprctl monitors

What's the output?

It would be good if you read this a little.

I’m afk for now, but the results show two monitors 

13 hours ago, MrDragoon said:

I’m afk for now, but the results show two monitors 

Ok then read the article I sent you to configure it in the file I mentioned. If you need any help please feel free to ask. :)

Asus Zephurs Duo 2023:

CPU: 7945HX

GPU: 4090M