ram + motherboard compatibility

As the title says.......RAM + motherboard compatibility.

I have a ram....specifically this ram Kingston "Black Beast" or whatever....

Back in the day...it wasn't that "HARD" to know which ram will you bought or mobo....

But I'm gonna do a little upgrade of my PC...I'll still be on "Gen4"....AM4, DDR4, PciE 4.....if u know what I mean.

I guess it is going to be Ryzen 5 5600 or 5600x CPU....but I can't decide for mobo.
I'm not looking anything expensive or "GAMING"....I was aiming for B550 chipset with 4 slots for ram....since I have 4 sticks...

But I can't find my ram on any QVL lists. I was looking into....I don't know.....5-6 boards....not one is compatible with my ram.....
I was aiming for Gigabyte AORUS board....I don't mind if it is mATX or ATX mobo...

Any suggestions?

THANK YOU very much.

I heard that coffee's good for my sex life.

It isn't.

It kept me awake through the whole damn thing!

I actually had to participate.

- Jeff Dunham -

Don’t overthink the ram this much.

Also the standard hasn’t changed for as long as ddr has been around, it’s been the same speed/timings/ecc or non ecc for a long time.
QVL stuff is peace of mind but it’s super limited testing, and shouldn’t be relied on since it narrows down the perceived options so much.

You have 3200mhz desktop ddr4 dimms. Thats about all you need to care about. It will work in basically any motherboard that takes desktop ddr4 dimms. 
Any motherboard that has an AM4 socket, and I mean literally any of them, will support that ram.

57 minutes ago, Killjoy_NS said:

But I can't find my ram on any QVL lists. I was looking into....I don't know.....5-6 boards....not one is compatible with my ram.....

The QVL only tells you which RAM has been tested for compatibility. It does not tell you which RAM is incompatible. If it is not on that list, it simply hasn't been tested by the manufacturer, nothing more.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Oh, ok.
THANK YOU.

Btw, I've figured out why I have some occasional crashes on my PC...I didn't mention that am I?
It looks like XMP + RAM are unstable...I don't know why...voltage is 1.35...

Cause my present mobo supports (copied from Gigabyte webpage) Support for DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2667*/2400/2133

and my ram works only on: 2400, 3000 XMP p2 and 3200 XMP p1.

So...I guess ram can only works on 2400 or 3200.
System booted fine...works fine.....but I had occasional "ram leaks"....PC is sitting for a few hours, ram goes up to 10-12GB of usage and I had occasional BSOD when ram usage goes high...above 16GB.

And I've tested ram kits....through WinMemoryDiag...kit of 2 reports no errors, second kit also reporting no errors.....but testing them together....there are some errors in Event Viewer (didn't remember which errors).

But now is ram on 2400....tested all kits at once....everything is fine.
Well, I've just opened more than 240 bookmarks in Firefox....ram usage went up to 27GB...and it is working...

I'm happy today.

Thank you all.

I heard that coffee's good for my sex life.

It isn't.

It kept me awake through the whole damn thing!

I actually had to participate.

- Jeff Dunham -